• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody still lubin' with the frog?

i never got around to buying any and I probably wont. Hoppes has worked great for me so Ill probably just stick with that.

Too much lubrication is an oxymoron. The fact that it is even remotely possible is exactly why Froglube is a horrible choice for a firearms lubricant. The fact that it can change viscosity and cause failures, the fact that it can cause parts to seize up, the fact that it can spoil and go bad, the fact that it creates a crystalline grit in the action, the fact that proper reapplication requires cleaning first, the fact that it requires a tedious application process all point to the truth that Froglube is a terrible choice of lubricant and designed to separate a fool from his money, period. ;)

^^^THIS...^^^

never had any issues with the old stuff. why change and spend more. its great stuff for folks that buy rip ammo. lol

^^^...and THIS!^^^

I do have to say that with FL it is really nice to not have a gun with oil seeping from various places. No matter how little you use, it eventually migrates and ruins your pretty pink undies....I mean your manly Carhartt boxers.

I use FL. Started using it about 9 months or so ago. Didn't even realize it was a fad. Someone at the range recommended it so I gave it a shot. I've over lubed pretty bad when I first started using it. Didn't realize it was so easy to put too much on. Mtdawg says it shouldn't be possible to over lube. When I say 'over lube' I just mean I had it pouring out of the gun at the range and had to keep wiping it down. It didn't cause any problems though. Was just annoying to have to keep wiping it down. No gumming or failures with it. I've even mixed it with other lubes that I'm apparently not suppose to mix it with. Still no problems. I've put a couple thousand rounds down a few different guns using FL mixed with other lubes and haven't had any problems with it. Oh and I never did this whole "treating" thing with it when I first used it. I guess I didn't read the instructions. I just started using like any other lube.

Yea, you'll pay like $20 for one of those little tubes. But I've done a ton of cleanings with it and I don't think I've even used half the tube. That's because you only have to use a tiny bit. Why use it? Non-toxic, doesn't smell like crap, and I haven't had any problems with it. Why not? That's how I see it.

Because..
The fact that it can change viscosity and cause failures, the fact that it can cause parts to seize up, the fact that it can spoil and go bad, the fact that it creates a crystalline grit in the action, the fact that proper reapplication requires cleaning first, the fact that it requires a tedious application process all point to the truth that Froglube is a terrible choice of lubricant and designed to separate a fool from his money, period. ;)

Froglube is designed for use in low RPM, low heat, deli slicers. Not firearms.

Cobalt 60, I use Mobil 28 grease on all of my pistols mixed with just a dab of Mobil 1. The grease doesn't seep out from the pistol. I typically use grease on my pistols and Mobil 1 on my shotguns and rifles.

Last edited:
I use FL. Started using it about 9 months or so ago. Didn't even realize it was a fad. Someone at the range recommended it so I gave it a shot. I've over lubed pretty bad when I first started using it. Didn't realize it was so easy to put too much on. Mtdawg says it shouldn't be possible to over lube. When I say 'over lube' I just mean I had it pouring out of the gun at the range and had to keep wiping it down. It didn't cause any problems though. Was just annoying to have to keep wiping it down. No gumming or failures with it. I've even mixed it with other lubes that I'm apparently not suppose to mix it with. Still no problems. I've put a couple thousand rounds down a few different guns using FL mixed with other lubes and haven't had any problems with it. Oh and I never did this whole "treating" thing with it when I first used it. I guess I didn't read the instructions. I just started using like any other lube.

Yea, you'll pay like $20 for one of those little tubes. But I've done a ton of cleanings with it and I don't think I've even used half the tube. That's because you only have to use a tiny bit. Why use it? Non-toxic, doesn't smell like crap, and I haven't had any problems with it. Why not? That's how I see it.

This right here. I hear the stories of it causing issues in cold weather but I fired my AR in sub zero weather recently after being out in the freezing cold for hours and it functioned fine. I like it for many reasons stated above and until I see the issues happen to my guns in front of my own eyes I see no reason to change.

Back
Top Bottom