• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody still lubin' with the frog?

I guess I used it wrong. Gummed up my 1911 till the point I thought my recoil spring had lost strength and almost ordered a new one. Gummed up my MK II Ruger also.

Frog lube is nothing more than repackaged deli slicer lubrication. It is a food safe product and is able to grow mold. People spend tons of money on what's hot right now lubricants but mostly what they are buying is a cheap lubricant in a fancy package. Save your money. Use Mobil 1 for a wet lubricant and Mobil 28 for a grease. Both of these items come from the aviation and motor industry. They are products that have millions if not billions of R&D dollars behind their manufacturing. They will easily protect your firearm.

If this is true then you are without a doubt leaving too much of it on your weapon.......PERIOD.
Too much lubrication is an oxymoron. The fact that it is even remotely possible is exactly why Froglube is a horrible choice for a firearms lubricant. The fact that it can change viscosity and cause failures, the fact that it can cause parts to seize up, the fact that it can spoil and go bad, the fact that it creates a crystalline grit in the action, the fact that proper reapplication requires cleaning first, the fact that it requires a tedious application process all point to the truth that Froglube is a terrible choice of lubricant and designed to separate a fool from his money, period. ;)

I should have known a simple question on the ODT is anything but! I appreciate everyone's feedback. I think I'm going to pass on it and give away the small tub I've got to someone that loves it.

Back
Top Bottom