• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone actually USE their weapon in civilian SD?

I stopped at a quiktrip a few months back for gas . As I’m pumping my gas I hear a guy yelling . Ok. So I watch. Well apparently someone had stolen his wallet and he was chasing him. The perp gets into the car and the man who’s wallet was taken dives in also. Stupid but ok.

So here I am standing next to a gas pump while two men struggle in a car that’s facing me and the gas pump . They are in a car that’s running . I watch as the car suddenly moves then stops .Well crap . If he gets it back into drive , stomps the gas and can’t turn the wheel... he’s hitting the gas pump I’m standing next to. I cannot move my car forward so I’m stuck. Only one option left now and that’s to stop this .

I step to my left far enough to not be directly in the drive path of the car . Out comes my HK P7M13 and I yell freeze . Oddly enough they both do. Like a deer in the headlights this dumb kid with his bright white eyes looking shocked just throws his hands up.

I yell at the victim to step away and told the idiot to get the hell out . He does . He then goes down on his knees and starts begging for me not to shoot him. Went from thug to punk in 2 seconds . Nice

Don’t make me shoot you and I won’t . Keep your hands up and we are cool. Every time he tried to reach he got yelled at and back up goes the hands . After 60 or so seconds we can hear police sirens coming . I tell the guy to lay down . The second I do he bolts for the open door of the car . I keep my aim on him and he never looked back. He just put the car into drive and took off . I put the gun up and waited for the cops

They caught him 1.4 miles down the road when he flew off the on ramp to I75 and nailed a tree while running from the cops. The car was stolen, he committed a few other snatch a grab type robberies else where , he committed this robbery and assaulted the victim .

I was there with the cops for 30 min. They did not even take my pistol until the very last moment . Odd thing is this is a gas station parking lot . I got this guy on a felony stop and folks are just walking by like it’s nothing. It was interesting .

I told the cop to be careful with my pistol as it’s expensive . They never searched me , patted me down or anything. I had another pistol on me . They never asked . The cops were professional / happy that nobody was hurt the scum went to jail. He’s still there now.

You never want to have to second guess your decision!! After the trigger is pulled, there's no bringing it back..If you only feel confident with that weapon, it's a no brainer. What is your life and your loved ones life worth? Until you become confident with a less expensive weapon, carry it!

What Dinky said x2!!! Carry the best and screw the rest. If it comes time to use it you need to know that you can hit that quarter (or anything else) at 20 yards. If it saves your life let the authorities keep it as long as they need it and buy yourself another while you wait for yours back. My money says that if you ever have to use it, it saves your life and it gets confiscated you will not hesitate to buy another just like it!! Just MHO

What Dinky said x2!!! Carry the best and screw the rest. If it comes time to use it you need to know that you can hit that quarter (or anything else) at 20 yards. If it saves your life let the authorities keep it as long as they need it and buy yourself another while you wait for yours back. My money says that if you ever have to use it, it saves your life and it gets confiscated you will not hesitate to buy another just like it!! Just MHO
That’s the way I look at it . What good is a minty fresh firearm to a deadman ? No good

Back
Top Bottom