• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own a Surefire 556 can?

I'm thinking about getting a Surefire can to complement some of my clone builds. I was just wondering how do you like it? Which model do you have? Does it minimize the blowback like they say? Just some general questions about it.

I'm looking at getting either the SOCOM SB or FA212 with the SOCOM locking ring. I know its old tech and Surefire isn't known for their DB reduction. They had other proirites like POI shift and managing blowback, signature reduction, etc. but I'm a big clone enthusiast and the prices seem reasonable

If the price is reasonable and appearance is your priority then fire away. Prepare to be underwhelmed in the area of Db reduction though. There have been serious advancements since the introduction of the surefires especially since the civilian marketplace is weight and sound conscious.

Yeah go with KAC, AAC or SIG. i have aac sdn6 for 308 but suppresses 5.56 well too

I’d say AAC and KAC are still behind the power curve for a recreational buyer. Rugged, Q, and Dead Air (in no order) seem to be regarded toward the top in a blended performance of weight/db reduction/durability. Energetic arms is making some incredible stuff too that’s pretty great for the weight.

I’d say AAC and KAC are still behind the power curve for a recreational buyer. Rugged, Q, and Dead Air (in no order) seem to be regarded toward the top in a blended performance of weight/db reduction/durability. Energetic arms is making some incredible stuff too that’s pretty great for the weight.
Yeah they arent cheap but they are hreat and have lifetime warranty

Most if not all of the reputable silencer manufacturers have a lifetime warranty.

Some are better than others

72A94B9E-19D9-4A16-99B2-8185A2B6374C.jpeg

Oh......and Belt Fed Rated MOTHER ****ERS. lol

Everyone is all concerned about lifetime replacement, but nobody considers that actually getting a new can puts you back in line with a new serial and needing a new stamp.

The Q rifle cans are able to be repaired all the way down to the weld mark closest to the mount without needing to be reserialized. That’s also something to consider.....

Everyone is all concerned about lifetime replacement, but nobody considers that actually getting a new can puts you back in line with a new serial and needing a new stamp.

The Q rifle cans are able to be repaired all the way down to the weld mark closest to the mount without needing to be reserialized. That’s also something to consider.....

Same with energetic arms. They just use a serialized ring at the base of the can.

Back
Top Bottom