• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Regularly Using a GoPro Camera...?

I can see your point if using them in a professional situation. I've had mine for years and have not had any issue with the camera and neither have my buddies that bring their cameras. We use them exclusively in a saltwater environment and they get abused. We use them underwater for hours at a time and just spray them off when we are done for the day. Use them again the next day.

Again, I use Windows Movie Maker for editing and compiling my videos. This is basic software at best, but put some tunes to it and it is pretty cool to make some decent home videos!

Here's a link to a quick video I made last year on an overnight trip to the oil rigs out of Pensacola. Took me about an hour to put together. It is as basic as can be. Have fun with the camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRcn94sWec&feature=player_detailpage

nice soundtrack, and thanks for the info

[video]http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIe6h0gdEIzAXIccnhdTdILe6zBN5BUSOYUqen4XI6SnD3h OUyNsSMCe76zBxYsrg8quwoB05eRzdK7BN6Fe5aMVsSXmcSUun 4qAUkH3BPrHBy0WOb_nVBNMtRXBQSnCuosvoVqWtAkRkkmul3P WApmU6CQjr9K_9zANOoVcsCedTdw0yRmVJAfVv36PIj96jwC30 av8zcNsGlcd104e_ISU-sIvFrUyG7PShWSAvdWvI0l0zqQKndEEFLL6PcAfGrKrLuQrT__ T[/video]

Here is a pretty cool clip a buddy of mine took this with his go pro. He mounted it with suction cups on the back tailgate of his jeep. We were going down a pretty steep hill when he lost traction and slid sideway and up ended on his front tire. The only thing keeping him from flipping down the hill was a tree branch that stuck into his hardtop. I am in the samurai behind him. We hooked another jeep to my bumper further up the hill to secure my vehicle and I winched him back onto his tires. He time lapse some of it to shorten the action. You can not tell how steep the hill was ,but it was difficult to walk without using the winch cable.

Every once in a while you catch something pretty cool on your go pro.

Last edited:
I dont see what the difference is between strapping a GoPro to something and strapping any other brand of camera to the same thing. People do know that cameras have a bolt hole on the bottom, right?

Maybe it's just the power of advertising, but people have been strapping non-GoPro cameras to things for years.

I dont see what the difference is between strapping a GoPro to something and strapping any other brand of camera to the same thing. People do know that cameras have a bolt hole on the bottom, right?

Maybe it's just the power of advertising, but people have been strapping non-GoPro cameras to things for years.
They are pretty rugged little devices.....

We use mine for underwater footage and outdoor events where the weather elements are of no concern. The size, portability and ease of use is what makes them so attractive.

It's the weight. On a helmet, on a dog, on a race car, on a bike.......or on an RC airplane. The weight makes a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom