• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Appendix carry..

Yeah, if that concerned with shooting yourself...may be good to get more training before ya carry at all. Proper holster, gun handling, and common sense and you are good to go. Granted, it is potentially dangerous if ya goof up. But that is true in general when handling guns.
Gun safety is layered. One of those layers is not pointing the gun at anything you don't want to destroy. Don't know how you guys feel about your junk, but I like mine right where it is. Also keep in mind that one of the most likely moments for someone to "goof up" is when you are drawing the weapon during a real life high stress SD encounter.

I don't carry with it pointed at my cash and prizes. I don't like IWB at all, but I will carry that way just because...I usually carry around 1 o' clock. Maybe 1:30. Around the same area as the front pants pocket. It's the most comfortable for me, and I am fairly quick deploying a gun from there.

Gun safety is layered. One of those layers is not pointing the gun at anything you don't want to destroy. Don't know how you guys feel about your junk, but I like mine right where it is. Also keep in mind that one of the most likely moments for someone to "goof up" is when you are drawing the weapon during a real life high stress SD encounter.

I tuck my dick and balls to the left of my belt buckle and have the pistol sitting on the right of my belt buckle. Gun is pointing straight down. I guess if you are Man****ingdingo you would be worried about shooting your dick off....but I guess to each his own.

OP it is comfortable to me. I could never get comfortable with 3 or 6 o'clock. Do whatever is best for you

I don't carry with it pointed at my cash and prizes. I don't like IWB at all, but I will carry that way just because...I usually carry around 1 o' clock. Maybe 1:30. Around the same area as the front pants pocket. It's the most comfortable for me, and I am fairly quick deploying a gun from there.
So it's just pointing at your femoral artery.

I have seen plenty of people carry behind the hip and when drawing, they point the gun directly at themselves as they swing it around and flag themselves. Again, any carry position requires safety and proper tactics. If you pocket carry, when you sit down, you are pointing the gun at whoever is in front of you so with your reasoning you are "pointing the gun at something you are not wanting to shoot". But if properly holstered its a non issue as is appendix/centerline carry. But if someone is uncomfortable with it they should not do it.

Guys, I'm just cautious about what direction my weapon is pointing at all times. I won't carry in a horizontal shoulder holster for the same reason.

So it's just pointing at your femoral artery.

I would rather bleed out quickly than to lose my cash and prizes. Where would you suggest I carry? Serious question. I'm completely open to suggestions, because no matter where we carry IWB there is a body part exposed at some point and time.

Back
Top Bottom