• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Trigger Upgrade???

It is really inspiring to see that fellow gun enthusiasts can be so passionate about something that I didn't think would get much of a response. After reading all of your posts the only conclusion that I can come to, quickly, is that I need to take ample time considering my trigger replacements. I have two weapons that I will be upgrading and I don't want to regret my decision on a product.

Your posts are thoroughly appreciated!

The reason that's holding me back from trying a drop in unit is the performance I get from the combo mentioned above. It's so smooth and light I can't imagine needing anything lighter. My trigger set up allows me to shoot .385 100 yard groups with my self built AR10 in .308.. I will have to admit that when I had the stock mil spec trigger in that gun i tended to pull the rifle slightly off center trying to get the trigger to break. Now it just takes a tiniest bit of effort to reach the break. No where near what it would take to move the rifle off center. Sometimes the answer is not ( just throw a lot of money in it ) to achieve the disired effect.

After sampling the new Ruger 2 stage trigger, at Gables in Douglasville, I have definitely decided that I am not looking for a lighter trigger pull, more so just a clean and crisp trigger pull. The Ruger states their pull is at 4.5 lbs. and that, to me, feels almost just a little too light. I spent 9 years in the Army during a time of multiple conflicts and I never went into a combat theater. I have no idea what it would be like to have to actually point a loaded rifle at an enemy, so I will err on the side of caution and keep my trigger pull a little more on the safe side. So, I guess, that sort of rules out a lot of the options that are available. I see that a good number of the high dollar drop-ins are always on the really light side. It is what it is.

^ What you are describing is what you get with a good NIB with JP spring set up. 70 bucks will get you just that but in single stage. Like I said in an earlier post getting down into the 2.5 lb range is a bit to touchy for a home defense unit. All it takes is a tiny bump and Kablewy.

Back
Top Bottom