• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

Sanity Check.

Mom bought a new Chevy Malibu from Liephart in Decatur, 1970, about $3000 out the door. Don't recall what a house cost in 1970. I worked as a gas station attendant and pumped regular at 28 cent a gallon.

Now I drive an 1989 F150 with a "new" engine and clutch. Got about $3000 in it. Don't owe nobody nothing. Learned that from my Grandmother. She paid cash or didn't need it.

No debt. The only way to roll.

I bought an 87 Toyota PU years ago and drive it everyday. Never had a payment and can afford to do things that many can not. My truck is dependable with automatic and air and gets me to where I am going. It even has points and condenser. And it is cheap to drive and maintain.

Off the subject but what happened to the kids with the push mowers cutting grass for summer change? The whole industry of the armadas of landscape trucks ..... it just never existed back in the 60s and 70s. The biggest joke is the guy with the backpack blower blowing the grass out into the roadway. WTF? Somebody is paying this guy well! I do not see ANY value in this. 2 cents. yeah $600 truck payments more crap I don't need.

$60K Raptor with a 6 cylinder...like H**. It better come with a V10 at that price!

You must have missed the memo. There is a replacement for displacement, it’s called forced induction.

The 3.5 eco boost V6 raptor puts down more power than the old 6.2 V8.

Off the subject but what happened to the kids with the push mowers cutting grass for summer change? The whole industry of the armadas of landscape trucks ..... it just never existed back in the 60s and 70s. The biggest joke is the guy with the backpack blower blowing the grass out into the roadway. WTF? Somebody is paying this guy well! I do not see ANY value in this. 2 cents. yeah $600 truck payments more crap I don't need.
I mowed lawns (and did other odd jobs like carpentry, vinyl siding, pressure washing, etc) for years with my Dad. A boy I went to HS with had his own lawn business and he seemed to be doing pretty well with it.

I would think most businesses now can't/won't hire anyone that isn't bonded and insured. Wouldn't be surprised if HOA's have rules about who can mow your lawn.

Back
Top Bottom