• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we united? doesn't seem so

A week? You're funny.

Magpul has already said that their prices aren't going to change and I know of at least a few vendors not on the gun ban band wagon. This is simply greed. If there even is a ban at all you're looking at months and months possibly years before they are able to push it through. If you honestly think the suppliers aren't going to ramp up production to take advantage of the time they have left then business practices make no sense to you. They will flood the market with as much as the can produce in as much time as they have to maximize their profits. We may see a slight price increase but nothing as insane as right now until we know for sure something is coming down the pipes. As long as republicans hold one if the houses we probably have nothing to worry about. At let's remember he did put Biden in charge of this so nothing may ever come of it anyway.

Magpul has already said that their prices aren't going to change and I know of at least a few vendors not on the gun ban band wagon. This is simply greed. If there even is a ban at all you're looking at months and months possibly years before they are able to push it through. If you honestly think the suppliers aren't going to ramp up production to take advantage of the time they have left then business practices make no sense to you. They will flood the market with as much as the can produce in as much time as they have to maximize their profits. We may see a slight price increase but nothing as insane as right now until we know for sure something is coming down the pipes. As long as republicans hold one if the houses we probably have nothing to worry about. At let's remember he did put Biden in charge of this so nothing may ever come of it anyway.
Suppliers were already ramped up for the election. Nobody with half a brain was surprised by this and saw it coming 4 years ago. The problem with panic buying is it feeds itself. Sure, colt may turn out 10000 rifles next week but the are scooped up immediately, doubled in price and sold again. This makes people scoop up anything and everything they can find, even if they don't need or want it. Even if no laws change, it will take 6 to 9 months for the market to stabilize at minimum.

By wanting to.pay last weeks price it is you who are wanting to screw them on the price. I can't believe people didn't see this coming two years ago.

Some folks prepared for what was obviously coming, some folks stood around flat footed. Now they complain because the prices have gone up due to real or perceived scarcity. If it had not happened, those who prepared would still be prepared.

The reason for this is not the recent shootings. This has been in the making for a long time. The shooting just provided an excuse for the administration to act on fear. If this hadn't happened, there would have been some other horrible event to set it off.

Even if no laws change, it will take 6 to 9 months for the market to stabilize at minimum.

Welcome to the new normal. If the laws don't change, the imminent threat of change will affect the market for the foreseeable future. The most likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates won't put up much of a fight against gun control either. The threat is obvious now. Everyone that said "they won't try that again" is buying PMags and ARs as fast as they can.

To be honest, I saw it coming but I am surprised about the speed and intensity of the issue. I'd say I'm caught off guard. I prepped as well as I could but needed a new wash machine, camera we use on the kids crapped out, needed new tires, etc, etc, etc. I think a lot of people, like me, thought we had a little more time.

Suppliers were already ramped up for the election. Nobody with half a brain was surprised by this and saw it coming 4 years ago. The problem with panic buying is it feeds itself. Sure, colt may turn out 10000 rifles next week but the are scooped up immediately, doubled in price and sold again. This makes people scoop up anything and everything they can find, even if they don't need or want it. Even if no laws change, it will take 6 to 9 months for the market to stabilize at minimum.

So what exactly made you see this coming four years ago? Obama had little to nothing to do with gun control up until last week. As a matter of fact, I challenge anyone here to find me any piece of legislation he tried to push through over the past 4 years concerning gun control.

How come no one complaims when a guy under prices his item - they just jump all over to buy it?

Why does no one then feel bad for that member of the "botherhood", just take advantage and relist for more - nothing wrong w/ that??

Some folks prepared for what was obviously coming, some folks stood around flat footed. Now they complain because the prices have gone up due to real or perceived scarcity. If it had not happened, those who prepared would still be prepared.

The reason for this is not the recent shootings. This has been in the making for a long time. The shooting just provided an excuse for the administration to act on fear. If this hadn't happened, there would have been some other horrible event to set it off.

I will admit that I wish I had planned ahead. It's 1 of those things that when extra money came around there was always something a little more important to do around my house or with my kids.

I will take my Christmas bonus and just sit on it until things stabilize a little more. Even if that means prices will stay high, that's fine with me, but I want to make sure I'm not paying $1500 for a gun tomorrow that is going to be back down to $800 in 7 months.

So what exactly made you see this coming four years ago? Obama had little to nothing to do with gun control up until last week. As a matter of fact, I challenge anyone here to find me any piece of legislation he tried to push through over the past 4 years concerning gun control.
It had more to do with the tendencies of gun owners than the man in charge.

Back
Top Bottom