• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF - New Rule on private sales offirearms

Moderndefense

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
49   0
Reaction score
God I can't believe I read that whole thing (on the Regulations.gov website).

This rule could effect as many as 328,000 persons "engaged in the business" (their estimate) without a license. Better build a few more prisons.

God I can't believe I read that whole thing (on the Regulations.gov website).

This rule could effect as many as 328,000 persons "engaged in the business" (their estimate) without a license. Better build a few more prisons.
So if my math is correct, by their own estimate this will effect less than 1/10th of 1% of the population. Why bother? Does anyone really believe they are trying to "stop gun violence" with this nonsense?

So if my math is correct, by their own estimate this will effect less than 1/10th of 1% of the population. Why bother? Does anyone really believe they are trying to "stop gun violence" with this nonsense?
Well that's about the same number as the lgbtqrs crowd. And they get days in schools and books and everything else. At least they're trying to treat us Fair.
The thing is is that if it's affecting less than 1% of the population does that mean 1% of the population is causing all the crime by selling guns to people they shouldn't have?
It falls back to the same thing. Gun free zones that won't allow you to carry a gun in them. And the police complaining because you left your gun in the car and a thief took it. If you go to a gun-free location respect the owner's wishes and leave your gun locked up in the car. A criminal knows that that's a gun-free location and goes there and gets the gun out of the car. So by trying to protect people from gun crime they're actually increasing gun crime. Also as a side note I use gun crime in their vernacular. It would actually just be a criminal using a gun.

Back
Top Bottom