• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF sending out cease and desist letter to gun group admin

Think about it. Mysterious owner that nobody ever sees, people who disappear without a trace, fake gun sellers (they never respond to messages). It all seems pretty suspicious to me.:tinfoil3:
What people disappear without a trace?

I'm afraid they are going to shut ODT and much of our trading down. Despite advocating for the NRA on another post just a few days ago (they are are our only choice), I've been disappointed by what I've seen (or haven't seen) as their response to this. And surprised that several gun "novices" I know are not as worked up about this because for some reason they don't think it's as big of an issue / impact. I hate to say it, but we will see the NRA's true colors when we need them defend us individuals in addition to the gun industry - and may they be Red, White and Blue!

I find a few things about the letter suspicious:

1) Delivered the same day as the date on the letter. Does anything in the federal government work that fast?

2) Notice that signature area is not shown.

3) If ATF is aware of criminal activity, why aren't they delivering warrants instead of warning letters?

And they can't spell "delivered"...

Seems pretty suspect that it was "hand delivered", yet no charges...

Not to mention they pretty specifically outlined what constitutes a "dealer" in their publication earlier this week... And it hardly applies to even some of the higher volume traders here from my interpretation.

Id love to see who specifically the letter is from.
I havea friend that got a hand delivered cease and desist letter with no charges. There were 2 agents present.

Often the date on a hand delivered letter is the date it is to be served or delivered, not the date it is composed.
In my law practice I often write letters on the afternoon of Day 1 but date them for Day 2, or even Day 3 if I know there will be a delay before I get it mailed (such as I need to get some attached documents to send with it).

The misspelling can be just a typo. Govt workers make mistakes, too.

Back
Top Bottom