• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bahamas - People are shooting each other for food and water.

Is it really though? I seem to remember the reason we were in Korea and Vietnam was to protect our "interest", that worked out really well for us lol.

Red herring, but I'll bite. Of course it was. Where did the money for the aircraft, vehicles, munitions, supplies, etc. go? Those wars were fought in the interest of American defense contractors. It worked out really well for their leadership, employees, and stockholders. lol

The real problem people have, is that they are looking to the government to protect their economics ( ), instead of protecting our freedom and safety which is what it was designed to do.

I guess you think that the building materials, fuel, and supplies are sourced in the Bahama's? You think they're going to rebuild the entire infrastructure by making a few trips to the neighborhood Home Depot? Read up on USAID. https://www.usaid.gov/dorian You obviously don't understand how international aid works.

As for your last statement. You don't feel safe? You don't believe that you're freer and have a better life than any other citizen of any other nation? Seriously, I'm sorry to hear that. That's got to be difficult for you.

I guess you think that the building materials, fuel, and supplies are sourced in the Bahama's? You think they're going to rebuild the entire infrastructure by making a few trips to the neighborhood Home Depot? Read up on USAID. https://www.usaid.gov/dorian You obviously don't understand how international aid works.
Um how do you think they usually get the materials? They purchase them from other countries, it's not the other countries jobs to give those materials to them so they can rebuild their infrastructure.

As for your last statement. You don't feel safe? You don't believe that you're freer and have a better life than any other citizen of any other nation? Seriously, I'm sorry to hear that. That's got to be difficult for you.
Yeah so I never said I didn't feel safe:confused:, I said that the reason for government to "protecting our freedom and safety".

Um how do you think they usually get the materials? They purchase them from other countries, it's not the other countries jobs to give those materials to them so they can rebuild their infrastructure.

Yeah so I never said I didn't feel safe:confused:, I said that the reason for government to "protecting our freedom and safety".
This is like a merry-go-round with you. We don't give the Bahamas cash. We allocate funds for aid. That aid money is managed by USAID for the most part. Also, the aid is mostly spent with US companies and pays US salaries. Other developed nations like the UK and Canada have similar agencies. They will be doing their part there, too. Getting the country back up and running is in the economic interest of everyone, even us, because some of what they normally consume is sourced from the US. Of course, there's the humanitarian side of the disaster, too. However, since you don't seem to mind if a few people die, we'll just ignore that inconvenient subject.

The reason our government exists is a far more complicated than "protecting our freedom and safety."

IMG_1448.JPG

The Bahamians are nice to store a bunch of our oil for us.

This is like a merry-go-round with you. We don't give the Bahamas cash. We allocate funds for aid. That aid money is managed by USAID for the most part. Also, the aid is mostly spent with US companies and pays US salaries. Other developed nations like the UK and Canada have similar agencies. They will be doing their part there, too. Getting the country back up and running is in the economic interest of everyone, even us, because some of what they normally consume is sourced from the US. Of course, there's the humanitarian side of the disaster, too. However, since you don't seem to mind if a few people die, we'll just ignore that inconvenient subject.

The reason our government exists is a far more complicated than "protecting our freedom and safety."
Okay so we don't give them cash but "allocate funds for aid"? may I ask what other type of funds you are referring to beside cash? Whether it managed by USAID or not doesn't matter and if its spent on US salaries (the government paying people to provide aid) its still our citizens taxes going to the aid of another country. I would like to quote the 10th amendment for a sec to remind you of the governments limitations, it says "The power not delegated to the united states by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively or the people" so theres that lol.
The subjects not inconvenient at all, its' simply not the responsibility of our government to save another countries citizens, in the same way I wouldn't expect Russia to send aid to north ga if there was a disaster.

View attachment 2271353

The Bahamians are nice to store a bunch of our oil for us.
Not True,“According to the information we have right now, the roofs of five tanks are gone,” Norway’s Equinor ASA, which owns the storage facilities, said in a statement. “We do not know if they are been carried away by the winds or fallen into the tanks.”
I'm sure the oil is used for the Cruise ships

OK, so are they really shooting each other?

I'm not about to go to area of total destruction, live in conditions worse than camping and have to worry about some desperate idiot shooting me.

Not True,“According to the information we have right now, the roofs of five tanks are gone,” Norway’s Equinor ASA, which owns the storage facilities, said in a statement. “We do not know if they are been carried away by the winds or fallen into the tanks.”
I'm sure the oil is used for the Cruise ships

Those tanks probably have diesel or gasoline in them.
Some tanks have a floating roof that rises and falls, depending on the fuel level.

Back
Top Bottom