• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BEATING THE DEAD HORSE AGAIN

What about working with decent folks so you dont get scammed makes sense if you dont think about it or are you saying you dont do any vetting of the person or product before purchase?
We're talking about paying over retail for a used product. That is getting scammed in itself, and comes with no buyer protection. Decent people don't sell used stuff for over retail, neck beards do.

It's much higher risk than buying from Amazon with their no questions asked return policy plus the buyer protection from your CC company.

I'm all for meeting and trading with OTDers. I literally made a business out of it :lol:
But calling an Amazon purchase high risk is silly boomer talk. eBay definitely, but Amazon is as low risk a buy as you can get. I'm not even a fan of the company, but you can't argue with their return policy.

im not arguing with their return policy, im saying its a waste of time given the extremely high rate of knock offs on that website. maybe i just put a higher value on my free time

Regarding paying over retail, thats the name of the game if you dont have the patience to wait until it comes in stock from reputable vendors. Simple supply and demand going on here.

im not arguing with their return policy, im saying its a waste of time given the extremely high rate of knock offs on that website. maybe i just put a higher value on my free time

Regarding paying over retail, thats the name of the game if you dont have the patience to wait until it comes in stock from reputable vendors. Simple supply and demand going on here.
But you don't value you're time or your money if you're paying over retail, going through your "vetting" process of a stranger on the internet, driving across town to meet.

It's not a "extremely high" rate of knock offs on Amazon either, unless you're dumb enough to pay from a third party seller at a price that's too good to be true anyway.

Primary arms (along with many others) sells on Amazon, and sometimes it's cheaper to buy from their Amazon store than it is their own website.

Say what you want about Amazon, the owner is a complete douche, but it's still literally the fastest and lowest risks way to buy. Arguments of time wasted or high risk are silly.

But you don't value you're time or your money if you're paying over retail, going through your "vetting" process of a stranger on the internet, driving across town to meet.

It's not a "extremely high" rate of knock offs on Amazon either, unless you're dumb enough to pay from a third party seller at a price that's too good to be true anyway.

Primary arms (along with many others) sells on Amazon, and sometimes it's cheaper to buy from their Amazon store than it is their own website.

Say what you want about Amazon, the owner is a complete douche, but it's still literally the fastest and lowest risks way to buy. Arguments of time wasted or high risk are silly.
1. I never said I pay over retail. quit making things up. In reality, I can find brand new romeo 5s for cheaper than amazon right now from genuine dealers...

2. Lol yeah nobody buys that. Extrememly high rate of negative reviews on amazon optics declaring them as fakes and it aint hard to fake them. What kind of fool would look down on a good price from a registered dealer of a product. smh

3. I never doubted that legtitmate optics are sold on amazon. Im not sure what youre trying to say

4. Its your time. If you want to spent a week or two using a counterfeit optic only for it to break prematurely and have to diagnose the issue/replace it, thats on you

1. I never said I pay over retail. quit making things up. In reality, I can find brand new romeo 5s for cheaper than amazon right now from genuine dealers...

2. Lol yeah nobody buys that. Extrememly high rate of negative reviews on amazon optics declaring them as fakes and it aint hard to fake them. What kind of fool would look down on a good price from a registered dealer of a product. smh

3. I never doubted that legtitmate optics are sold on amazon. Im not sure what youre trying to say

4. Its your time. If you want to spent a week or two using a counterfeit optic only for it to break prematurely and have to diagnose the issue/replace it, thats on you
1. I didn't say you did. But that's the topic of the thread, and your response was Amazon is high risk buy.

2. Don't buy from the sellers with negative reviews, same as ODT, duh.

3. Exactly, just vet the seller, still way faster and safer and lower risk than buying used.

4. If you can't identify a counterfeit optic from Amazon how are you going to identify one from a stranger you met buying one used, a stranger that for all you know bought from Amazon :lol:

This is fun, been a while since I've had a stupid argument about nothing on here

1. I didn't say you did. But that's the topic of the thread, and your response was Amazon is high risk buy.

2. Don't buy from the sellers with negative reviews, same as ODT, duh.

3. Exactly, just vet the seller, still way faster and safer and lower risk than buying used.

4. If you can't identify a counterfeit optic from Amazon how are you going to identify one from a stranger you met buying one used, a stranger that for all you know bought from Amazon :lol:

This is fun, been a while since I've had a stupid argument about nothing on here
Thats because it is a high risk buy and is genuinly the more expensive option. Why do you want to spend more?

Yeah nah store front reviews arent reliable. Once upon a time I was paid to write bull**** reviews. not to mention there are more than a few good flair scumbags on this website who scoot by the rules with text meetup coordination

See above

Because I can just ask the guy where he got it from... I mean literally a single question is all it takes, these arent hard problems to solve for most folks

Back
Top Bottom