• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beginning 08/20/18 ODT 7 week fitness challenge

2 weeks in and I'm down 5lbs. I had to stop doing calisthenics temporarily due to a respiratory infection. I should be back at it by Monday at the latest.
My allergies have gone haywire since just about the time we started this. Hope you kick that infection soon. Hard to work out when you can’t breathe.

Good job Horsehat Horsehat I think this is best way to approach this challenge. Make sure to alternate your programs so part of your body has time to fully recover while you're still able to put in work with another portion at maximum effort.

If you want to talk about nutrition or anything else, please let me know. Right now I'm getting prepped for SFAS and some other Army schools so I am focusing on cardio and functional fitness; but I have been taught by better athletes than myself on what they do and would love to pass it on.

Keep it up, brother.

Attachments

• 1489173440311.gif
    1489173440311.gif
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 6
Good news, bad news. Feel great but somehow on 1500-1800 calories per day with 2 days around 2000, and with 4 days of good workouts, I gained a pound for the week. Off to the gym in a bit. Legs, back, biceps, abs, going to up the cardio at the end. Hope the weight today was an aberration due to slightly higher carbs and sodium yesterday. Math will work over time. Just a bit of a downer.

Good news, bad news. Feel great but somehow on 1500-1800 calories per day with 2 days around 2000, and with 4 days of good workouts, I gained a pound for the week. Off to the gym in a bit. Legs, back, biceps, abs, going to up the cardio at the end. Hope the weight today was an aberration due to slightly higher carbs and sodium yesterday. Math will work over time. Just a bit of a downer.

I know the feeling. Weekends seem to be my down fall. I was 187.6 on Friday. I didn't weigh myself this morning but l know lm heavier. Just got back from a brutal cardio workout.

I know the feeling. Weekends seem to be my down fall. I was 187.6 on Friday. I didn't weigh myself this morning but l know lm heavier. Just got back from a brutal cardio workout.

Same here. At least I'm in good company.

315 Squat for 13 reps today. Starting to get into the more taxing reps-can feel the nervous system "buzz" toward the end. :laugh: Then the usual front squats, deadlifts and assisted pullups. This thread is definitely helping keep me on track-forces me to report improvement each week on these squats. Thank you Horsehat! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom