• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best AK for the Bucks?

Crackerz

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
158   0
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for PSA to get their PSAK47 back in stock, especially since they said the next generation will have all forged parts at the Shot Show. It's not supposed to increase in price, but now that they have to charge sales tax for GA residents they're going to be pushing $800, which is pushing the limit I wanted to spend.
I just wonder;
What is the best current "new" AK buy for the buck in that range?
The best "used" AK trade/buy for the buck?

I've heard good reviews of the Century C39 v2s, and you'll never go wrong with a WASR. AK Operators Union didn't have much luck with the RAS though.
I'm an AK fan that traded an AR for a new WASR last year. And it was my second AK the first was a Mak 90 in the 90s. Well like most of the YouTube videos claim, the WASR WILL get the job done. But that's about it. Those Rifles are rough to say the least. I had the trigger pin creep about halfway out on mine and I wasn't even shooting it at the time I like that it's typio AKM compatible as far as parts and aco but there ain't much more good to say about it. My next one will be a Yugo or some other higher quality Century build/import.

The Zastavas are the best gun for the buck.

That being said, with the recent increase in prices across the board, I see no reason not to just get an Arsenal for $300 bucks more.

Back
Top Bottom