• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Birthday EVER!

fistfullaholla

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
Since the ODT is one of the few groups who would understand and share in my excitement, I wanted to share this here. Over the weekend I turned 41 and I'm not one to make a big deal out of a birthday. Usually I'm happy to just let the day pass. This year was different. My wife and son surprised me with a Rifle Vise (now I can do all those trigger replacements on my Romy AK's!), which got me pretty excited, then they handed me another wrapped box. Inside it was a USGI 1911!!!
Now this is not just ANY 1911. It isn't pretty, isn't matching, doesn't even have night sights, but to me, it is the most beautiful pistol ever! It was made from spare parts by a couple of Armorers during the Vietnam war. (my Buddy's Dad) After the war the same guy who built it improved upon it with a nice trigger/ hammer replacement and an over sized slide stop.
Something created by the Old School and done right. This pistol just fits me... a little worn, some spare parts thrown in, but still deadly functional. I love it! This is one that I will never let go for any price!
This weekend just could not have gotten any better for me!

Happy belated birthday,sounds like you have everything.(Family)

Thanks and you are right, with a good family at my side I am wealthy beyond measure. My wife and son really went out of their way to get this for me. The guy who had it never wanted to part with it and only agreed because it was going to me. He wanted his Dad's .45 to go to a home that would appreciate every nick and scratch. I fell proud that my looked at my family and decided we would be the caretakers of this heirloom.
I won't let my buddy, his Dad, or my family down on this one. One day my grandchildren will be given this pistol and hopefully their grandchildren will be given it as well.

happy late birthday

and its going to be said so it might as well come from me.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!

Back
Top Bottom