• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Birthday EVER!

Since the ODT is one of the few groups who would understand and share in my excitement, I wanted to share this here. Over the weekend I turned 41 and I'm not one to make a big deal out of a birthday. Usually I'm happy to just let the day pass. This year was different. My wife and son surprised me with a Rifle Vise (now I can do all those trigger replacements on my Romy AK's!), which got me pretty excited, then they handed me another wrapped box. Inside it was a USGI 1911!!!
Now this is not just ANY 1911. It isn't pretty, isn't matching, doesn't even have night sights, but to me, it is the most beautiful pistol ever! It was made from spare parts by a couple of Armorers during the Vietnam war. (my Buddy's Dad) After the war the same guy who built it improved upon it with a nice trigger/ hammer replacement and an over sized slide stop.
Something created by the Old School and done right. This pistol just fits me... a little worn, some spare parts thrown in, but still deadly functional. I love it! This is one that I will never let go for any price!
This weekend just could not have gotten any better for me!

Congrats .... and Happy Birthday.... Young one..... LOL!

Here it is... Happy Birthday to me!
mms_picture(2).jpg

Special thanks to my wonderful wife Malinda and the best Son a guy could ever hope for- 'Kalashnikov Blastov'- my baby boy!

Take the cheap pachmayers off please, I know those are not vietnam eara, and I can't stand them on any gun. They ruin that 1911. :)Otherwise, it's beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom