• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Motorcycle tire

svjarvis

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   1
Reaction score
I'm in need of a 170/80 r15 rear tire for my Yamaha 1100 v-star. I was wondering what the best brand was as far a cost and durability. While I'm asking does anyone know of places that give military discounts on tires of any kind.

Thanks guys

In that size (it's a bit of an odd ball) The D404 Dunlop is decent, for the money. Cannot go wrong with the Metzler as far as handling and mileage, but your paying for it. Dunlop E3 is a pretty excellent tire as well and depending on the dealer and the size of their parts dept (pricing) is a great value but I don't think you can have it in your size. I have seen guys put Pilot Road 3's (Michelin) on cruisers as they get outstanding mileage for a sport tire and excellent rain handling and wet weather grip.
For you, I'd put on a Metzler and just match the one you got up front. Always spend the money on tires, as much as you can afford at least. I just saw you're in Dahlonega. Lucky devil! I spend a lot of time up on Blood Mtn. and Wolf Pen Gap. Richard Russel Pkwy is fun too

I have the same size tire on my VTX 1800 but not a radial. I use Shinko.....just as good a tire as any of the others but about half the money....I know I'm going to get some big differences of opinions here but 5 years of Shinkos have convinced me that price doesn't always determine quality.......

Cycle gear offers 10% off for military. As for the best tire, that's something you will have to decide for yourself. Just make sure you don't buy old out of date tires. If you ever notice shops or stores offering clearance sales. Check the date code on the tires. "Google" how to check this.

Back
Top Bottom