• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Woods Goods

I visit them frequently, on a recent visit after shooting at the range with my son, I asked for a box of 22, I had not purchased any ammo on the way in, I was told they would not sell me a box of ammo because I had already walked out of the range, if I was on the way in he would sell it to me. Employee said it was the owners policy and that he would be fired if he sold me the ammo, he said the owner monitored the video of everyone checking out at the register. Very disappointed, best part is I had purchased a gun that same day from them on an earlier visit. I have 6 - 7 range passes on my desk from purchases I have made at BWG in the last 6 months. As someone else pointed out, the staff is hit or miss. Often times they will tell you how ridiculous the owners policies are and how they don't agree with them. The good thing is it lead me to finding Georgia Gun Store.

I live not too far from them. Its on ok store, but like someone mentioned, customer service is hit or miss. I sort of stopped goign there for past few months. Everything is way too inflated there. They had a decent deal on a mossberg but other than that, everything is really over priced. Atmosphere is pretty cool ill give them that but thats about it. I like hi caliber more tho literally 2 mins down the road

BWG is alright in my book. Nothing amazing. Nothing bothersome. I only go there when I can't find something they might have elsewhere. Once upon a time, I felt like they were becoming CZ hipsters. Wait, they still are.

Cherokee Pawn is where it's at for guns. TruPrep is the place for builders. GAFL is a bit larpy, but the guys are cool for the most part. Governors is my choice for range.

Adventure Outdoor is the place to look around and ask yourself, "wtf is going on on here?"

BWG biggest issue's with employees is they can't keep staff, since they pay $10 an hour or less for most of the staff. The GM there barely makes $40K a year.

Bill is a good dude but he's just in over his head at this point and it's time to restructure or get out.

Back
Top Bottom