• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

Unfortunately I have health issues that require living near good medical facilities. But I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. I need to loose some weight, but I do run and workout most days.

I hear a lot of people saying hunting isn’t a viable survival option but if you happen to be blessed with land that you OWN and have taken care of it’s a perfectly sound plan. If you have deer and other critters there now you’ll have deer and other critters there then. But it all falls back to being able to DEFEND that land from people who want to take it. You can’t do that on your own.

I hear a lot of people saying hunting isn’t a viable survival option but if you happen to be blessed with land that you OWN and have taken care of it’s a perfectly sound plan. If you have deer and other critters there now you’ll have deer and other critters there then. But it all falls back to being able to DEFEND that land from people who want to take it. You can’t do that on your own.
until the other 400,000 people who think they are going to subsistence hunt are done stripping the land...

until the other 400,000 people who think they are going to subsistence hunt are done stripping the land...
If you have enough land and enough folks to keep it guarded that won’t matter. For example there are plenty of private game management areas in the state they have better quality deer than the surrounding properties because they have better management practices. Whoever owns these would have a great shot at surviving off of that land IF they had the numbers to keep it secure. Even 100 acres of prime habitat owned by some average Joe if not hunted in over abundance could be sufficient in keeping a group of 10 people maybe more fed. There’s roughly 1.25 million deer in Georgia with the majority of that population on the southern and central agricultural land. The mountains have relatively few deer compared to the south every hunter knows that so yes “heading for the hills” so to speak probably would just end in starvation… UNLESS you had prime habitat up there that you’ve been taken care of then the same rules apply.

If you have enough land and enough folks to keep it guarded that won’t matter. For example there are plenty of private game management areas in the state they have better quality deer than the surrounding properties because they have better management practices. Whoever owns these would have a great shot at surviving off of that land IF they had the numbers to keep it secure. Even 100 acres of prime habitat owned by some average Joe if not hunted in over abundance could be sufficient in keeping a group of 10 people maybe more fed. There’s roughly 1.25 million deer in Georgia with the majority of that population on the southern and central agricultural land. The mountains have relatively few deer compared to the south every hunter knows that so yes “heading for the hills” so to speak probably would just end in starvation… UNLESS you had prime habitat up there that you’ve been taken care of then the same rules apply.
no doubt, 10s of thousands of starving people will totally respect your property rights in the absence of government and the animals will all run to your land for safe haven. it doesn't matter how many people you have to defend your land, eventually a bigger crowd will take what you have. that is the fact of grid down.

So what you are gonna put up a 12 foot fence to keep deer in??? Lol. 10 people on 100 acres is like building a damn with a screen door.

no doubt, 10s of thousands of starving people will totally respect your property rights in the absence of government and the animals will all run to your land for safe haven. it doesn't matter how many people you have to defend your land, eventually a bigger crowd will take what you have. that is the fact of grid down.
So what do you recommend? I personally don’t even care to try to survive long term, I’d be dead in the first few days of it. I’m just giving my opinion. I run a deer processor I know just how many deer are in my area and no matter what there will be deer in Crisp county. Do y’all really think rednecks follow game laws as is? Deer get shot by the thousands in the surrounding counties EVERY year but somehow there are more every year. And then what about feral hogs?? We haven’t touched on them or small game.

Back
Top Bottom