• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

I think a common mistake is not having more than one plan especially for water.

What does an ill prepared person do if running water is gone and electricity is off for weeks?

Maybe you have a water filter, but what happens if the temperatures are in the teens for days on end? The filter freezes and is damaged. So much for your Berkey.

Plan B, C, and D better be viable.

Let's just get hammered (or stoned) and go out happy while laughing at the kind of world the long term preppers will live in after we're gone!

zombieland-double-tap-woody-harrelson-black-leather-jacket-850x1300.jpg

Let's just get hammered (or stoned) and go out happy while laughing at the kind of world the long term preppers will live in after we're gone!

View attachment 3349193
Screw it I guess I’ll tell y’all my ultimate survival plan…. roll one last fatty and watch the world burn. I didn’t like camping as a kid and doubt I’ll like it as a grown man.

Not having back up Plans in case the situation gets worse.
Forget the Rule of 3!
1- The body can only go out with Oxygen for 3 minutes
2- The body can only go out with water for 3 Days.
3- The body can only go out with food for 3 weeks.
Thinking that people you will be joining up with will not bring all his or her friends.
4- *** Biggest 1 for me NO-LIBERALS in your group. They will undermine you every time, so you follow them!

Not having back up Plans in case the situation gets worse.
Forget the Rule of 3!
1- The body can only go out with Oxygen for 3 minutes
2- The body can only go out with water for 3 Days.
3- The body can only go out with food for 3 weeks.
Thinking that people you will be joining up with will not bring all his or her friends.
4- *** Biggest 1 for me NO-LIBERALS in your group. They will undermine you every time, so you follow them!
Liberals will be at home waiting for the government to save them

I will start it off:

1) Not getting on-going health issues resolved. For instance, I have a tooth that has started hurting about a week ago, and I have yet to get a dental appointment. To most this is not a big deal. After all if it starts being too bothersome, I can get to the dentist then.

BUT, what if a long term SHTF suddenly happened? I would be in a very bad situation with the situation getting worse over time and the options not too great.
Right now you could go to the dentist or learn to handle pain.
Things that help:
Holding a mouthful of peroxide
Holding a mouthful of vodka, then swallowing it.
Put an aspirin on it, let it melt.
A children's Tylenol melt on it.
Toothache meds from dollar store.
Penicillin every 6 hours for infection.

The ache is caused by the nerve dying. Once the nerve dies the pain stops but other issues could arise.
In SHTF try the vet if you can't find a dentist.

Back
Top Bottom