• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black panthers (4 legged variety)

Side note - it was also said mountain lions weren't in georgia. And I bet armadillos aren't here either. Temperatures are changing and animals move. So chances are they are here but in few numbers.

The fact that you "look like an ass" for making excessively rude comments to a guy because he told a personal story that was told in an online forum, is something that many people can probably agree with.

Thats ok Im not here to make friends I came to buy, sell and trade guns. If I make some friends along the way thats cool to. Looking back I was overly rude to timbgtm. I apologize I should have posted the facts and been done with it in hindsight.

Do they exist in Georgia? Because either I was hallucinating or I saw one run across the road 50 yards in front of me on Oaky Woods WMA today. I thought it was a hog until I saw the tail...huge. The tail was easily the length of the body of the animal, and thick too. It really freaked me out, I had to pull over and sit there for 5 minutes thinking about what I saw.

I believe you and would like to see one. It makes the woods come alive with danger and excitement. Makes you want a 12 ga with heavy shot just in case. Where is Oaky Woods WMA?

Yes it does, I can say whatever I want this is America. If its BS I will call you on it, if he wants to come over and grill a steak and drink a beer. I will still tell him the facts, I may look like a ass but at least I know the truth.

People used to say albino deer were'nt real either, but they are.

I typically don't believe anything unless i see it and i've seen alot. I don't believe in ghost but folks who do are seeing something. Don't be a jackass because someone believes something you dont

I have a farm that has a light colored one ,and a dark one ,and another farm with 2 dark ones that I have seen more than a couple times .I cant say that the dark ones are black becouse when I see them they are pretty green if you get my point ,but they are real dark . Believe it or not they are here . Why would dnr make it illegal to kill something that does not exist ? Sorry if someone has already mentioned that I have not read through all the post .

Can't say that I have ever seen one, of ANY color, but I heard something while sitting out waiting on hogs to come to the feeder a few weeks ago that I cannot explain. A deep guttural growl, twice within about 20 seconds. Definitely not a bobcat, yote, or dog. Makes my skin crawl just typing about it.

I grew up in Houston Co. And still live there. While in high school in the late 50's we use to ride in the back of pickup
trucks and shoot rabbits during the winter at night. This was just west of the Oaky Woods. We saw a large black animal
Jump from one bank of the road land in the middle and leap onto the opposite bank once. There were probably 5 of us.
Three on the back and two inside. We used tractor lights hooked up to the battery of the truck. We all agreed we
Thought we saw a Black Panther. It's tail looked 3 feet long. On two other times while we we were running rabbits
with beagles at night we disturbed something that screamed just like a woman being killed. By the volume it had to
be a very large feline. In both cases we were on the ground with a fire to keep warm. It broke up the hunt both times.

Speaking of that scream. After hearing it so close I have come to the conclusion that was probably what Rebel
soldiers hollered for the Rebel Yell. It was said to be an animal sound that meant we are coming to rip your guts out.
I have never heard a sound that was so malevolent. Most of our troops lived in rural areas and would have been aware
of that sound. Just think of a thousand men coming at you at a lope, with that scream going up and down the line.

So Zombie if you did see one I think you should count your self lucky. It's been 53 years since mine and I still
remember it just like it was last night.

Back
Top Bottom