• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Body Armor or Not?

All excellent points. I'd rather have a plated carrier available to strap on quickly if the time is there than not have one.

Body armor is just another tool to assist in a dangerous situation. All the tactical training in the world is worthless if the other guy gets off a lucky shot and drops you or you take a hit that kills you later that could have been easily avoided by wearing a plated carrier.

I think that goes without saying. We all would want to be overgunned and overprotected if given the chance but there has to be balanced. Are you willing to strap an AR to your back every where you go? Are you willing to wear a vest under your clothes in 100 degree weather?

I think that goes without saying. We all would want to be overgunned and overprotected if given the chance but there has to be balanced. Are you willing to strap an AR to your back every where you go? Are you willing to wear a vest under your clothes in 100 degree weather?

I worked in LE for 7 years so been there done that on the vest daily wear. LOL. Keep a carrier at home for both the wife and I and 1 in my vehicle at all times.

I carry a locked and loaded SBR and 5 loaded mags in my Eberlestock back pack every day also so that about as balanced as I get. It might be overkill but I'm OK with it.

I worked in LE for 7 years so been there done that on the vest daily wear. LOL. Keep a carrier at home for both the wife and I and 1 in my vehicle at all times.

I carry a locked and loaded SBR and 5 loaded mags in my Eberlestock back pack every day also so that about as balanced as I get. It might be overkill but I'm OK with it.

Again most people. Most people can't even afford an Eberlestock back pack. LOL

Do you currently wear a vest daily?

Got full coverage BA sewn under a zip up ACU Vest, it hold a 9mm with 3 spare mags, and 4 AR mags so my 10 seconds will be spent zipping that rig up. Sewed ABA vest inside Tactical vest with pockets for lights and pouches for mags. Plates front & rear. Also have Helmet with ballistic shield & Night Vision monocular located right over vest hanger. Bag guy may see vest but that'll be too late. I'm not paranoid just prepared, for one of those home invading teams we see on the news very evening.

Question for the OP. Are you talking about wearing a vest as EDC or you talking about just having one in the car like you would a carbine?.

I’m talking about owning body armor and keeping it as accessible as your favorite tactical long guns.
The big guns you’ll pull out of the safe, the trunk, etc. when you have reason to think trouble is at hand.

Back
Top Bottom