• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOS or no BOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an issue of trust of anyone really. It is a matter of doing something the right way and recording where you bought a gun so that in the very slight chance a gun you sell is used for the wrong reasons, you have a record of it not being your's especially with pistols. Long guns may be a different story, but why are you guys comfortable not having a record of where a gun went after you owned it?? Like I said, I may the one that makes no sense, just seems like the right way to handle a firearm transfer. Plus, I don't know who might own the gun 1, 2, 3, or 4 transfers from now or in the event it ever gets stolen from a future owner.
it still only tracks back to the first owner. they come to you, you sold it, end of the line.. if you want to keep records, you can get an ffl. i wont sell a gun to someone who wants a bill of sale. we dont need it an i dont think we should feed the machine. what if someone robs your home, gets my info, and then steals the gun i purchased from you,then uses it in a crime? about the same chance as you selling it and it getting used in a crime...

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom