• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOS or no BOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked only once for a BOS, an Enfield rifle bought at the Farmer's Market show in 2010. LOL, $80.

Sold the muzzle device, scope and mount for $175, then the rifle for $450.

Yeah, I'll sign your BOS.
upload_2018-1-3_20-30-33.png

Thanks guys. I guess I thought writing down a guys name evern without a BOS was not too much to ask. I can find the address by using GOOGLE. Pretty unanimous on this board that no record of guns sold should be kept. Thanks for the feeback.

Thanks guys. I guess I thought writing down a guys name evern without a BOS was not too much to ask. I can find the address by using GOOGLE. Pretty unanimous on this board that no record of guns sold should be kept. Thanks for the feeback.
I think it's less about no record keeping and more about doing what is required by law.

Not required by law. No need to google down anyone.

We are trading private property. I'm not saying you are wrong in this transaction that didn't happen, especially if your ad specifically stated you wanted a BOS, but you have to understand that most of us feel no need to give any more than necessary when an exchange is made between two private parties. As for me, I have no problem allowing someone to glance at my DL or GWCL, but if they start writing down my personal information, I'm a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom