• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOS......WHY ?

So you're convinced now that the FBI couldn't figure out that you were at work, or out fishing, or whatever, when the robbery occurred without your trusty BOS?

How did the FBI know that you didn't dummy up the BOS between the bank robbery and when the agent showed up. Unless it was notarized or filed in an official registry, it's just a piece of paper of unknown vintage.

The gun was sold in Tampa FL, the bank was robbed in Chicago, it was about a year between sale and crime. All I know is when I handed over the BOS, it ended my involvement with the whole thing. And I was happy I had it.

I wonder if someone stole a bunch of firearms and wrote themselves BOS for each one (using different pens of course), if the FBI would just take those BOSs and leave satisfied?:wacko:

Why haven't the criminals figured this out yet?:confused: YO Po Po! I gots dis here BOS, you can't be arresting me.:censored:

I bought all my firearms from Eric Holder, you just can't get any cleaner than that.:shocked:

Anything less than going through a FFL with a firearms transfer is a lame attempt to make the seller feel safe.:tape2:

I like bills of sale for any valuable item, and in particular a deadly weapon that could one day be used in a crime.
Many of the guns I've sold or traded were first sold at an FFL dealer to me, and that gun is "registered" (de-facto paper registration, even if not computerized) to me through the Form 4473.
Aside from that, when I'm buying a used gun, doing a bill of sale is something that makes me more confident that I'm not buying a stolen gun, rather than buying from some anonymous stranger I found on an internet classified ad.
But I don't always insist on them. It's a preference, not a firm rule.
Even without a bill of sale, I have print-outs of the ad in question, the PM's or messages from the other party, and often some hand-scribbled notes about the deal. So it's not like I'd have to just shrug my shoulders if some detective challenged me to prove I didn't steal the gun or buy it in a back-alley from a known fence.

If I offered you 15.00 for five gallons of gas, because I said I ran out, would you require a BOS?

Well Mr. Ford my beloved mod would have been great for you to have given me an example of a BOS post that has been posted before...I did SEARCH BOS before I posted but all that came up was threads that said bill of sale ....NO... I would have expected a little more from a moderator that in trusted to Inform people, but then again I except the fact that my expectations are a bit much. Instead of OH NO NOT ANOTHER BOS POST....You have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year and I'm so sorry that you had to read and do something with my post. Now you can go ahead and gig me as I fully expect you will.

Bill

You never know with Mr Ken Ford Ken Ford .... maybe he will just give you a BOS, LMAO

I usually take the information and signature block from a legit BOS that a seller presents to me when I buy something and reuse that info on a new BOS whenever I buy, let's say a Colt AR-15, from another unknown seller for less than $400. I do this only if the Colt seller is "sketchy looking." That way I can present a "BOS" when the rifle later comes back stolen showing I bought it from a legit seller that requires BOS on his sails. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom