• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

MARTA doesn't even go out that way. Bad move? I think so and I believe its going to cause way more traffic (like we need more of that). Maybe they plan on building a line out that way (idk)?

It's incredible what passes for an 'old stadium' in Atlanta. Check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_stadiums Click on the arrows in the 'opened' column.
I don't understand the finances of these moves (Falcons building a new $1.x billion dollar debacle before the last one is even paid for?) but obviously somebody is getting paid...

From what I've been told by some higher ups is that this is all over 5000 extra parking spots since the ATL location has essentially maxed its parking. I 'm suprised they don't just build some parking decks if that's the real problem though. Also MARTA not going out that way it would kill a major form of travel spectators use, so it knocks even harder at the parking issue.

Are there any major tax benefits in that area? Is the current lease on the stadium that cost prohibitive?

- - - Updated - - -

MARTA doesn't even go out that way. Bad move? I think so and I believe its going to cause way more traffic (like we need more of that). Maybe they plan on building a line out that way (idk)?

Ha, they can hardly raise the money to renovate what we already have.

Marta is coming now. Run for your lives.

It's not like you can take a train to the park now. You have to get on a "shuttle" and all the busses destroy traffic. Making matters worse, APD shuts down exits and streets for MARTA busses. I go in at the back and from the west, there is no direct route to that gate.

Moving.....A..never mind I wont finish that statement lol

Good thought on that. hahahahahahahahaha

I guess for me the only good thing is short turn around for my delivery guys. Thats 10 minutes from here. They go there 5 days a week during the season.

turner field will be an MLS stadium it is just far too big for the braves...when you can't sell out the stadium and the majority of your fans are coming from cobb and fulton it only seems smart to stick it right on the border many cobb countians have money but don't want to drive the 30-40 minutes to watch a baseball game. so they will down size the new braves stadium probably to around 30k and they will be more than likely to sell out more. nothing is random and there was probably some sort of poll and it all whittles down to more money and if you frequent braves games like myself with half season tickets you would see that turner is a ghost town and is almost embarrassing

Back
Top Bottom