• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

It's not like you can take a train to the park now. You have to get on a "shuttle" and all the busses destroy traffic. Making matters worse, APD shuts down exits and streets for MARTA busses. I go in at the back and from the west, there is no direct route to that gate.

Yeah, I know a train doesn't go right to the stadium now, but it is walkable...I have done it multiple times. The new stadium would have no train stations anywhere near as close as Turner Field does. Ideally, it would be nice to have a train station go right up to the stadium...like the Philips arena.

This will probably sound crazy, but the Braves should just move into the Georgia Dome once the Falcons move out. I know, its crazy, but it does offer some pros and some cons. The pros that I can think of would be; down town Atlanta, near train station, don't have to spend $ to build a new stadium, and its a covered dome (I really do not like seating in the sun, during the GA summer, surrounded by other sweating hot people...that may just be me though...haha). The cons I can think of would be; way more seating than needed and they probably would need to transform the inside to fit a baseball field (idk). I'm sure other people would know better than I do. Its fun to think about and talk about though. Would love to hear other peoples opinions. :)

I like them getting out of downtown. The Braves draw from all over the South and the area around the park is ****ty. It is embarrassing to Atlanta and just traveler unfriendly.

now you know how the cubs feel. fans are still pissing in a bathtub over there lol

Wrigley is a **** hole, but the area around the stadium is great. Cubs fans are a different breed from Braves fans but the sports bars and restaurants are packed on game day. The whole area has a great vibe…unless you are in Braves gear and the Cubbies just got their asses handed to them. In that case, get a cab.

I like them getting out of downtown. The Braves draw from all over the South and the area around the park is ****ty. It is embarrassing to Atlanta and just traveler unfriendly.

I'll miss seeing the skyline in the background but It is going to be in a lot cleaner part of town and smack dab in the middle Georgia's 2 biggest counties it just makes sense

Baseball season needs to be cut to 50-60 games per year. Then every game would matter and the stands would fill up.

Great they are closer, now I less travel time to not go to the games!!!!! Really gonna miss the homeless folks, crack heads!!! Maybe they can move them too!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom