Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I'm far from an expert, but the impression I get from folks that are expert is that it's more about fit than anything else. Whatever brand and model fits you best and points well for you. I've owned both Browning and Berettas, but the one I shoot the best is a CZ Woodcock.
Same with me, no expert here… I’ve shot quite a few different OU’s just because I like them. A lot of people talk down the Franchi Instinct but I enjoyed shooting it too…just liked the Beretta’s fit, finish and handling better. I’m hooked on 28gauge. You can shoot it all day long and go home without being bruised.( fit plays a part there too.) More expensive to shoot but worth it to me.

Same with me, no expert here… I’ve shot quite a few different OU’s just because I like them. A lot of people talk down the Franchi Instinct but I enjoyed shooting it too…just liked the Beretta’s fit, finish and handling better. I’m hooked on 28gauge. You can shoot it all day long and go home without being bruised.( fit plays a part there too.) More expensive to shoot but worth it to me.
Yeah, I really like the little 28ga, too. Mine's a semi, but it gets regular action in the dove fields. Hell, I even killed a yote with it loaded with 6s.

I shoot the silver pigeon in 20g. I absolutely love shooting it. The Browning just fits different. I like the Browning sxs for quick shooting. It mounts quickly and level. Perfect for quail. The dove or pigeons, I always go silver pigeon. I really think you should handle a few and see what feels right. That 500$ gun likely fits your son better. There certainly is a skill factor, but if the gun doesn’t fit the shooting will suffer. Unfortunately the 500$ gun will not hold up as well as the 10000$ Italian girl.

@Whatchagot87 Garland rents them for $30 I believe and Tom Lowe rents them for $9! I may try a few at Tom Lowe .
I think its 20 to rent them.

I highly recommend renting a few to see how they swing and point for you. Honestly rent the same one a few times in a row. They all point a little different. You have to find what works best for you. Push it up in front of a mirror quick a few times to see where your eye naturally hits down the bead. If you make adjustments to the gun it will be difficult to be consistent. I use a stoeger competition. It has 30 inch barrels. I love it. Everyone that's tried it says it's too heavy. I like the weight. It doesn't bother me. And that reduces recoil. My boys can't hit anything with it. My oldest uses the stoeger 3000 auto and is now beating me. My middle son uses an American o/u and hits a bunch. But can't use the auto. Its all about fit

I shoot the silver pigeon in 20g. I absolutely love shooting it. The Browning just fits different. I like the Browning sxs for quick shooting. It mounts quickly and level. Perfect for quail. The dove or pigeons, I always go silver pigeon. I really think you should handle a few and see what feels right. That 500$ gun likely fits your son better. There certainly is a skill factor, but if the gun doesn’t fit the shooting will suffer. Unfortunately the 500$ gun will not hold up as well as the 10000$ Italian girl.
That $500 gun ain’t bad . It’s over $700 new. Got it used . Lol. ( I made him pay for half of it ) .

Back
Top Bottom