• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bud Light apologizes for endorsing rape

The good ole USA has turned into the cry baby nation where easily offended by general phrases. I believe it falls back to the I can sue anyone for anything. Not the lawyers fault, (maybe partially) but dang, lighten up american our fore fathers would role over in their graves if they could see what we've become.

I cringe a little every time someone throws out the "forefathers card" I personally don't care how much rolling they do. We evolved. They can deal with it or not. They would roll over a lot of things. Women voting! Black people voting! and owning property!...hell, Catholics voting! Great Britain our #1 ally! Angelina's voluntary mastectomy! Anyone named Bush! and most certainly a black president! Admitting that the French finished the Revolutionary war for us!

They did their part. Then they left it with room for improvement and adaptation/evolution for future generations. They don't have to live here any longer. We do...so why feel obligated to stagnate? It's no dishonor to the forefathers that we are, despite our quirks and even Justin Bieber, still the greatest civilization ever to occur, or not only have we stayed current with modernization, but have led the way or been on top on most fronts, especially militarily. They would probably roll over wondering why we bother fighting wars, winning them and then not raising our flags there and owning those countries afterwards...but again...

It is a stretch. But, given the "no means no" campaign which everyone has heard of, putting “The perfect beer for removing ‘no’ from your vocabulary for the night.” as your slogan on a beer bottle... well.... :doh:

No means No
Say Nope to Dope
Campaigns are stupid for the most part. They are nothing more than a squeaky wheel, made to look like a majority gives a damn.

It's nothing new that alcohol helps people do stupid **** that they already wanted to do, but just needed to think less clearly.

"Beer" Helps ugly folks get laid. This was a slogan from 40 years ago, and everybody thought it was funny then, because was and is true.

Bout to hit the big 5-0 in a few months and from my short time on this rock I've saw changes which have driven me nuts. And yes, I blame it on liberals.
Ditto and while I'm sure it's the same for every generation, it's really hard to imagine more social change (generally for the worse) in one generation.

No means No
Say Nope to Dope
Campaigns are stupid for the most part. They are nothing more than a squeaky wheel, made to look like a majority gives a damn.

With all due respect, this argument is really quite erroneous. Whether you think campaigns are stupid or you love them, that doesn't negate the fact that they exist and absolutely influence reactions such as the one we're seeing with BW.

I don't think too many people are in an actual uproar. I'm sure they will come up with a better label though...something like "best place to hide roofies!"

Gentlemen, negative attention is still attention. Yes, it was a bad move, but it got the brand in the news. People are talking about it while drinking from the can! The goal is attention because attention leads to sales! In this case, they did something off color but not illegal. Perfect for driving up the attention meter.

Back
Top Bottom