• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bud Light apologizes for endorsing rape

In my 20's I would have been surprised by any push back.
In my 40's, nope.

Well I'm certainly not surprised but I'm SMH at the outcry. I wouldn't be SMH though if they were simply accused of being immature. Maybe when I get to my 40's I will stop SMH at this kind of stuff altogether. I just think that accusing BW of endorsing rape is a bit of a stretch.

Well I'm certainly not surprised but I'm SMH at the outcry. I wouldn't be SMH though if they were simply accused of being immature. Maybe when I get to my 40's I will stop SMH at this kind of stuff altogether. I just think that accusing BW of endorsing rape is a bit of a stretch.
It gets easier with age, but I miss the time where people,businesses were not nitpicked for every little thing.

It is a stretch. But, given the "no means no" campaign which everyone has heard of, putting “The perfect beer for removing ‘no’ from your vocabulary for the night.” as your slogan on a beer bottle... well.... :doh:

Do I think Budweiser intends to endorse rape? No, of course not. Do I think it was idiotic and inexplicably naive in today's constant "no means no" environment for a company of that size to not recognize that such a slogan would be viewed as inappropriate? Absolutely.

In todays society saying nothing, means no also.

If your advertising slogan today is "Drink this alcohol and it will help you lose your inhibitions", your slogan is idiotic and irresponsible and you deserve ALL the grief you get. Should they have the right to do it? Absolutely. Should they feign surprise when they get understandable push back. Nope.

But it's true.

It is a stretch. But, given the "no means no" campaign which everyone has heard of, putting “The perfect beer for removing ‘no’ from your vocabulary for the night.” as your slogan on a beer bottle... well.... :doh:

Yup! Exactly why I feel it was foolish and immature. :thumb:

Haha so it seems. I'm early thirties and I'm definitely a bit "toned down" compared to 10 years ago.
Bout to hit the big 5-0 in a few months and from my short time on this rock I've saw changes which have driven me nuts. And yes, I blame it on liberals.

Back
Top Bottom