• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buddy, guardian, family protector and my kids best friend, Cane Corso Italian Mastiff

She's beautiful man! I have a Great Dane/ English Mastiff (~135 lbs) and he is the best dog that I have ever had! He's very smart, calm, and protective when he needs to be. He's also very good with my 4 year old that has Cerebral Palsy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375144083.886762.jpg

And yeah he's a goof
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375144135.705502.jpg

This is my cousins African Mastiff/ Pressa Canario, he's about 175 lbs and he's also a very good dog. This pic was taken at a class they went to last year. The guy he's going after there said that he had the hardest bight he's ever felt, with the bight sleeve on it was over 500 lbs of force, enough to break bones!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375144697.951577.jpg

Edit: He's actually an African Mastiff, not French, I apparently had a brain fart😱

Last edited:
Love the mastiff breed pics. I have a bullmastiff that i absolutely love. I don't have to worry about him biting someone who doesnt deserve it but if you messed with his family there'd be hell to pay.GRTEUGPPQO3Q4FQ5IK.jpg

I met an african mastiff once that threatened to eat me. The owner simply told the dog i was a friend and she instantly became friendly. I would have never made it back to my patrol car otherwise. That dog would heard the mans grandchildren back toward the house if they got close to the edge of the lawn. I love an intelligent and loyal dog.

Beautiful dogs you guys have!! The Cane Corso Italian Mastiff is the more athletic of this breed. This is my first Corso but won't be my last. An excellent breed that is naturally cautious around strangers and very protective of the family pack they are part of. I spoke to several breeders before purchasing her and went with the best Dam and Sire from Italy I could find at the time. This breed was accepted by the AKC in 2010 and have only been in the US since the 80's. Honestly have never met a dog so family friendly than this one. If she had arms she would constantly be hugging everyone in our family. She will come up and sit next to you and lean her head and neck back over your leg to be pet or hugged by her people. She curls her body around you like a 100lb cat rubbing up against you accept her weight moves you. Her favorite treat is a bowl of crushed ice. She also has a trait I have never seen a dog exibit before. If she looks at you and judges you as a threat your first warning is a deep throated terrifying growl, a stomp on the ground and then she snorts like a bull getting ready to charge. I imagine her looks and this behavior are probably enough to scare they heck out of most bad guys. Awesome dogs!

A question for the mastiff owners. How do you integrate them with kids. Get the dog before children or after you have kids?

My son was 2 when we got ours and he started watching over him from day one. I think it's better to have your kids first and introduce the dog to your children while its a puppy. I've always taken my dogs out and let them be in different environments so that they get used to being around people and other animals and that starts from day one. Not saying that if I was to have another kid right now he wouldn't be equally protective, because he has already been raised around children, and even if they aren't raised around a child I'm sure they would take them in and protect them the same as they do you. They are very smart and if you have the room and attention they need, an excellent breed to choose!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375419625.952057.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375419649.397195.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375419672.176710.jpg

By the way, I just spent an hour going through thousands of picture, literally thousands!, on my girlfriends Facebook to find these pictures!!😴

My sister had a mastif/golden retriever mix. Afraid of the water but a great protector. He had the growl of an evil demon when confronted by strangers.

Had him camping with us one night, and kids in the area were out past curfew and just messing with everyone that was trying to sleep. We had JAke on a long leash and he was in the shadows by my sisters tent.Well ,kids came by and started making noise and all we heard was the slow jingle of the chain dragging silently along the ground until it ended. Nothing like 125 pounds of evil growling and coming out of the dark tree lined shadows when the leash would travel no more. needless to say the screamng of 10 kids running down the road was pricless.

Back
Top Bottom