• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying a 1911

I just picked up a Sig tacpac today,haven't shot it yet but I have to say the slide to frame fit isn't the best it rattles a little. Not sure if its just this model or what.

Sigs I have handeled have pretty loose fit, especially for the price. I own/have owned 5 1911s, I'd recommend Colt and Springfield well over Sig in that price range.

The sigs also have the external extractor. In my opinion that perverts the 1911 look. I've only handled on sig but it was tight. It was an xo if i remeber right. I've had 5 Taurus 1911's a Kimber a ruger a Springfield gi and a rock Island. I'm picking up a Remington r1 enhanced tomorrow. So far the Kimber is the best shooter nice and smooth and just a little bit of play in the slide not much. I the ruger is a nice one too

For me in that price range I would opt for the Springer, I have a loaded that is awesome. I also had a Sig XO good gun shot well just wasn't what I was looking for. I have yet to find one to outshoot my Taurus though. Maybe the new Dan Wesson Valor will be the one. I will soon find out. Good luck with your quest,it won't end with one my friend.

Kimber if you want a pretty gun that might work and might not develop barrel rust and has horrible factory magazines. Springfield if you want a great gun for a grand or less.

Back
Top Bottom