• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Land

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Well I think my 8 year old starter home has finally served it's purpose. The next door neighbor is now a section 8 house with the new resident freshly transplanted from Detroit. My home value is up $60,000 from when I purchased it and well we live in Henry County if that wasn't reason enough. The top of our list at the moment is Cartersville area but property is a touch higher than we were hoping to spend. I think we will be content with 1-2 acres unless an amazing deal came along on more land in the right place. We are hoping to find something somewhat secluded on the edge of town. Second in the running would be somewhere along the 985/441 corridor but we don't really know where to look other than Clarksville.

Does anyone live in either Cartersville or Clarksville that has an opinion? My biggest concern is with the growth in Cartersville it may not be long from becoming another overdeveloped Henry County. I don't want to invest into property and building a home only to find myself in the same predicament in 4-6 years time.

I've never been to Cartersville. Nothing more than passing through stopping for gas anyways. I have lived in Clarksville though and I would be very happy moving there from HC! You're making me jealous...

I've never been to Cartersville. Nothing more than passing through stopping for gas anyways. I have lived in Clarksville though and I would be very happy moving there from HC! You're making me jealous...

We like to stop in Clarksville for dinner on our way home from Clayton. Feel like Clayton is a little too far north for use but Clarksville has the community vibe we like. Wife just has to decide if she could live without Target.

We like to stop in Clarksville for dinner on our way home from Clayton. Feel like Clayton is a little too far north for use but Clarksville has the community vibe we like. Wife just has to decide if she could live without Target.
Target is antigun, screw them.

I'm in Lula and can recommend it, close to Gainesville (365/985) and Commerce (441 & 85) and plenty rural/private.

Growth in Cartersville, lol, where? I've lived here all of my life (40 years), and it's still a small town with that good old boy system still going. People here complain because we don't have a whole lot of options for dining!

I don't know anything about Henry county, but I don't think that you have anything to worry about in the near future as far as Cartersville exploding. I haven't heard of anything on the horizon.

I live on almost 40 acres (wife's family land, although we own 2 acres), 5 minutes off of I-75 on Hwy 20. I am 5 minutes from Pinelog Wma (14k acres). I can be down town within 10 minutes, Canton in 20, Kennesaw roughly the same, or in Atlanta or Chattanooga in under an hour.

Land has to be cheaper here than in Henry County and there's still some to be had. I have a buddy that is a realtor if you'd like to contact him and have him pull some stuff up for you, and another that is a Land Surveyor that may know of some land for sale. Pm me if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Well I think my 8 year old starter home has finally served it's purpose. The next door neighbor is now a section 8 house with the new resident freshly transplanted from Detroit. My home value is up $60,000 from when I purchased it and well we live in Henry County if that wasn't reason enough. The top of our list at the moment is Cartersville area but property is a touch higher than we were hoping to spend. I think we will be content with 1-2 acres unless an amazing deal came along on more land in the right place. We are hoping to find something somewhat secluded on the edge of town. Second in the running would be somewhere along the 985/441 corridor but we don't really know where to look other than Clarksville.

Does anyone live in either Cartersville or Clarksville that has an opinion? My biggest concern is with the growth in Cartersville it may not be long from becoming another overdeveloped Henry County. I don't want to invest into property and building a home only to find myself in the same predicament in 4-6 years time.

Move West Young Man.

Not North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why is that

Highway 41 growth seems to keep moving North.

A Sunday stroll on the northwest side of Acworth will Confirm.

If you are trying to escape expansion, that Dallas/Acworth/Cartersville area isn’t where to go.

The number of houses built in that area in the last 10-15 years would truly blow folks mind if they knew.

Reason I’m aware is I once worked for a heavy equipment dealer & would go around servicing & repairing equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom