• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying Ny First Case Trimmer

Thumbs down on the Lyman-- I've been using one for years, and it works, but further research indicates I should have bought something else.

I know you said you didn't want electric but for what you are going to do look at the possum hollow trimmers.I bought one for 223 and like it.I have WFT's also and got a Hornady trimmer for Christmas and I am going to send it back.

Lee precision has a new press mounted trimmer that I'm thinking of trying. It looks fool proof, be easier than hand trimming bulk and not electric.
https://fsreloading.com/manufacturer/lee-precision/lee-new-products/
I have the deluxe trimmer and it works. Pretty foolproof, but you do have to buy caliber specific dies. It is not meant for high vloume, but no manuel trimmers are. It beats the lee zip trim by far. one of these days i might pony up and get an electric.

for many of the base calibers such as anything off the 308 or 30-06 cartridge the Possum Hollow trimmers are the easiest to use as they index off the shoulder of the case so you size the case and use the trimmer...done

you can get their drill mount and use them in your hand drill or press.. like the WFT but way cheaper and they work

Back
Top Bottom