• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cabelas in Acworth turned downed me down for making a mistake on firearms sale

Naw gun was on sale I realize their prices are higher, but Cabela's has been good to stand-up for their products!

I'm gonna repeat this. You need to try Cherokee Gun and pawn. Stand up people, good prices and good customer service. I was at their Black Friday sale a few years ago. The place was PACKED. I knew what I wanted. I bought 3 guns, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. None of the BS hoops you jump through at Cabelas.

I'm gonna repeat this. You need to try Cherokee Gun and pawn. Stand up people, good prices and good customer service. I was at their Black Friday sale a few years ago. The place was PACKED. I knew what I wanted. I bought 3 guns, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. None of the BS hoops you jump through at Cabelas.
Tys

If it was a denial, OP should have been given a number for the 4473 and a phone number to call and find out the reason why.

From the little bit of information provided, it was apparently an error in the information on the form, such as checking that you are buying a gun for someone else.

Even the paper 4473 is tricky, because the list of questions is all "no" except one - and I've blown through that one and had to start over.

I believe they make a hard copy. Most stores I've completed a computerized form made a copy for the record.
And they may, sure. But how does that digital info make it's way to a printer and how is it protected? Is it also archived? Where is that info and what layers of cyber security are in place there? Sorry, but in an age where malware can interface into anything, I don't want a 4473 in 1's and 0's.

If it was a denial, OP should have been given a number for the 4473 and a phone number to call and find out the reason why.

From the little bit of information provided, it was apparently an error in the information on the form, such as checking that you are buying a gun for someone else.

Even the paper 4473 is tricky, because the list of questions is all "no" except one - and I've blown through that one and had to start over.

On my denial in 2013 I had to get the reason I was denied By Mail, SPD Gave me a paper with directions for an Appeal. A real pain it was.

Back
Top Bottom