• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a ODT EMT Justify $1100.00 16 mile ride to Hospital

Just looking for justification.How the **** can that be a going rate?? What Rate? Its highway robbery and he didn't take the highway. He drove threw Town. Stopped at every Traffic light .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking for justification.How the **** can that be a going rate?? What Rate? Its highway robbery and he didn't take the highway. He drove threw Town. Stopped at every Traffic light .

Youre paying for the emergency care that you 'might' need between the incident and the ER.

i know its expensive. I hate it for you, I really do.

but, its a service like any other. all medical treatment etc... is obnoxiously high, not just an ambulance ride. ambulance services have over head like any other business but its usually more expensive overhead.

Youre paying for the emergency care that you 'might' need between the incident and the ER.

Also true....where I live, the fire dept. might put out one fire a month, if that. But, your paying for the "Just in case" factor. In case something bad does happen, there is someone there to assist. I couldn't imagine something "truly" bad happening and not having anyone to call...scary thought

Sorry for your experience or bill though....healthcare isn't cheap in this country....I work in it and still pay a ton for insurance....sad.

Last edited:
That's crazy. I got to take a very long ambulance ride a few years ago, from Conyers to Grady to be exact, when I burned my arm. It was $750. They didn't give me a thing, but still that was a good 30 mile trip easy. I was just trying to figure out why the heck we got on the interstate. Guess 3rd degree burns go straight to Grady.

because 9 out of 10 of there clients are unemployed crack heads who are never going to pay so they have to **** the ones who have jobs. those of us with jobs and no insurance are really ****ed.

That's crazy. I got to take a very long ambulance ride a few years ago, from Conyers to Grady to be exact, when I burned my arm. It was $750. They didn't give me a thing, but still that was a good 30 mile trip easy. I was just trying to figure out why the heck we got on the interstate. Guess 3rd degree burns go straight to Grady.

Grady has the best burn center in the state, one of the best in the country.

Ambulance =200g's, roughly 60gs worth of equipment, you also have to cover the paramedic drive down there and back, their potential services, dispatch, the branch incharge of ambulatory care.. etc. It sucks, it really does, but it's just the way it is. You obviously have no idea of the costs involved in running a hospital.

Back
Top Bottom