• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone recommend a swimming pool contractor?

I don’t plan to heat the pool except maybe to jump start and extend the swim season a bit. I’m told to expect $150ish increase on the gas bill in order to heat it for a weekend. I’ll be heating the hot tub on a regular basis though.

Be really really careful when it comes to heating it... You can read about my epic saga with the gas company in the "So get this..." thread.

Here is the pool that Tony from Ridgewater built for us about 2 years ago...

Pool1.jpg
Pool2.jpg

I don’t think he needs the recommendations anymore since its finished now.

SirBannedAlot SirBannedAlot looks like you need to sync up those lights.

Yeah, I did after that pic was taken... I just pulled that pic down from Zillow... haha

For awhile I actually liked the blue and green giving it a two tone sort of look at night... All that stuff is controlled by the same remote that controls the pumps, the hot tub, heater, etc... It's a Jandy Pro JXi system? Something like that...

Other than we don't use it as much as we thought and the horrendous gas bill, no real issues. Couple warranty service calls for a bad temp sensor, igniter went bad and they are coming out today because the heater stopped working the day before our New Year's Eve Pool Party... I think the solenoid for the gas valve stopped working...

That was a real annoyance, so the heater died the day before the party, which meant the temp dropped 20 degrees, so no pool part, and then a few days later we get the $12k gas bill...

swimming pools......let me tell you this. when that fellow comes over and sits down with you and your wife and yall end up with a number, after he leaves, take that number and triple it! bought one last summer and it started off right at 20 grand. by the time we put in a small poolhouse, fence, pump, pool cleaner, chemicals, grassn seed where they shreadeed our yard....we were in it right at 60 grand. so yeah, TRIPLE it.

Having had a "friend" whom attempted to have a pool installed and the owner it turns out had a 35 year civil and criminal history related to the financial part of construction as well as getting most of his $$ upfront and in-process then simply disappearing for a year. I got his history back 40+ years and it real like an organized crime sheet (potential RICO indictment in S. Floida w other builders knowingly organizing and blatantly stealing as a group) before moving up this way. Due diligence. Big time.

Lots of honest guys but man don't trust online references as it turns out they were all posted, 90% by his "accountant". Was in the news a couple years back.

swimming pools......let me tell you this. when that fellow comes over and sits down with you and your wife and yall end up with a number, after he leaves, take that number and triple it! bought one last summer and it started off right at 20 grand. by the time we put in a small poolhouse, fence, pump, pool cleaner, chemicals, grassn seed where they shreadeed our yard....we were in it right at 60 grand. so yeah, TRIPLE it.

Our guy was up front... We told him what we were thinking and he shared some ideas on how to keep it reasonable. We ended up going vinyl because it was like a $20k difference... Our thought was if we have to spend $3k on a liner every 10-12 years, not a huge deal...

But we did add the spa, larger heater, lights, extra concrete, the water feature you can dive off of, we went saltwater with the cartridge filtration rather than sand, etc... I think it came to around $55k when we added in the new patio furniture, an XL Kamodo Joe smoker and some other stuff to get it all set up. We got a slight discount for paying cash...

I went in thinking a new pool was gonna cost like $25-30k and I was way off, but it wasn't sprung on us after the fact... he was pretty clear that what we wanted, was gonna cost some...

Yeah, I did after that pic was taken... I just pulled that pic down from Zillow... haha

For awhile I actually liked the blue and green giving it a two tone sort of look at night... All that stuff is controlled by the same remote that controls the pumps, the hot tub, heater, etc... It's a Jandy Pro JXi system? Something like that...

Other than we don't use it as much as we thought and the horrendous gas bill, no real issues. Couple warranty service calls for a bad temp sensor, igniter went bad and they are coming out today because the heater stopped working the day before our New Year's Eve Pool Party... I think the solenoid for the gas valve stopped working...

That was a real annoyance, so the heater died the day before the party, which meant the temp dropped 20 degrees, so no pool part, and then a few days later we get the $12k gas bill...
Sounds like you got it under control. Issues do happen, those heaters love getting new parts.

FWIW, If you have more than three pieces of Jandy equip installed at once (heater, pump, automation for example) then it’s considered a system and if your installed is a jandy pro-edge installer then your warranty is extended to three years on all the equipment.

Sounds like you got it under control. Issues do happen, those heaters love getting new parts.

FWIW, If you have more than three pieces of Jandy equip installed at once (heater, pump, automation for example) then it’s considered a system and if your installed is a jandy pro-edge installer then your warranty is extended to three years on all the equipment.

Good to know, we got the Jandy Pro automation system with remote, the heater, and the filtration system.... I think the aux pump for the pressure side cleaning system(robot) is Jandy as well, I will look after my meeting is over..

I have had to deal with corporate on some of the issues we had with the local warranty company, so I will see what they say on that.

Back
Top Bottom