• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can the Hawks win it ALL???

mattp38

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
20   0
Reaction score
I'm a Georgia sports fan to the bone, but since the mid 90's braves have had my heart broken for nearly 2 decades. Can the Hawks win it all this year or are they just taunting me with their regular season success???

I've been a Braves fan since I moved here in 1993, so the same pain you feel with them I feel as well, and I can only assume that the Hawks will do just what the Braves love to do; choke in the playoffs. Never liked the NBA, but I'll probably keep an eye on it and see if one of our sports teams can do our great city proud.

They are playing some really great basketball. No one, not one "expert" thought this team would do anything. They are proving the experts wrong, but that was not your question. Can the Hawks win it all, frankly, I doubt it. When the playoffs roll around, the game slows down and the "super stars" get the calls. The lack of a big man in the middle to defend the rim, will hurt them in a slower paced game. But hey, I am no expert. But I do like the way they are passing the ball and creating open looks for their shooters.

At 13/2 they are the 3rd favorite at this pt.

That being said the playoffs will be interesting. Having the # 1 seed will mean a TON and yea if things fall the way they may yes they can win it all.

I will say I like the coaches San Antonio pedagree, look how great that system has worked out. I view Al Horford like the poor man's Tim Duncan. (Very poor man). But Tony Parker is great, but not a super star (cp3, Darren Williams, kyrie Irving, D-rose) and the rest of the team is a lot of complementary players. Looks promising for the future if not this year...

At 13/2 they are the 3rd favorite at this pt.

That being said the playoffs will be interesting. Having the # 1 seed will mean a TON and yea if things fall the way they may yes they can win it all.
Who's 1st and 2nd?

Back
Top Bottom