• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can the Hawks win it ALL???

Don't know and don't care. Too many damned games in an NBA season to be a fan. Same goes for baseball. You could determine who the best teams are in each conference with a lot fewer than 84 games, and WTf is with the 164 games of a MLB season anyhow? I mean seriously. I understand it's all about revenue opportunities, but how is it that the NFL can be financially sustainable with only 16 games in a season?

Anyhow, wouldn't mind seeing them win but not getting my hopes up.

Some folks like to watch the games, whether they play 16, 82, or 162. If there wasn't fan appetite for it, the games wouldn't exist.

The schedules of all the major sports leagues are basically a compromise of ticket/advertising/merchandise sales, versus the ability of the athletes to perform at a high level for the amount of games and calendar time.

These Hawks do not have mature flight feathers. Therefore, they will not be able to sustain the long soaring needed to be champions.

Well, that was a fun ball game. Guess the Hawks can beat the elite western conference teams.

But we already knew that. :)

I was very pleased with how they played with the Warriors. Anxious to see how they do in Oakland in march...

Well that didn't go as I had hoped....

They are on cruise control right now and I would not put too much stock in the game last night. The Warriors are stellar at home and The Hawks are on a pretty long road trip. They just need to win the easy ones, keep rested, and keep healthy.

So what if they get all the way to the finals and get beat by Golden State? That would be an epic run for this town and there is nothing to say the The Warriors won't slip in the playoffs.

I sometimes worry that Al Horford struggles when the stage gets bigger (national TV). Throw in an unfocused performance by Teague, and the game turns into a blowout.

Disappointing, and certainly not something to define the season by, but I'd like to see this team with more attitude in big matchups.

Back
Top Bottom