• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can the Hawks win it ALL???

Hmmm... team is doing really well, attendance is up.
Are they trying to get a new stadium to play in?
Seems like the thing to do in Atlanta lately.

They've been really fun to watch this year. The system is great. Love the "no superstar" mode of the team.

Seven game series are tough, but it helps a lot to be guaranteed home court advantage in nearly all of them. Can they win it all? I think so. The key ingredient is defense, which can be relied on even when the shooting goes cold.

Try not to focus on them winning it all. Just enjoy how good of a team they've become.

Hmmm... team is doing really well, attendance is up.
Are they trying to get a new stadium to play in?
Seems like the thing to do in Atlanta lately.

Philips is a good arena.

If you haven't been following: The team is up for sale. The real threat is somebody moving them to Seattle, but that seems very unlikely, as the NBA powers-that-be have said they don't want to see the Hawks move.

Enjoying this ride is important. Just making a run deep into the playoffs would be nice especially considering the state of the other two professional franchises.

Don't know and don't care. Too many damned games in an NBA season to be a fan. Same goes for baseball. You could determine who the best teams are in each conference with a lot fewer than 84 games, and WTf is with the 164 games of a MLB season anyhow? I mean seriously. I understand it's all about revenue opportunities, but how is it that the NFL can be financially sustainable with only 16 games in a season?

Anyhow, wouldn't mind seeing them win but not getting my hopes up.

Don't know and don't care. Too many damned games in an NBA season to be a fan. Same goes for baseball. You could determine who the best teams are in each conference with a lot fewer than 84 games, and WTf is with the 164 games of a MLB season anyhow? I mean seriously. I understand it's all about revenue opportunities, but how is it that the NFL can be financially sustainable with only 16 games in a season?

I could do with about 1/2 the season...

Baseball could lose 64 games for sure and it should definitely be over before football starts. NBA could lose 20 and drop a bracket.

I could do with about 1/2 the season...

So could a lot of sports fans. Its the league, owners, sponsors, vendors, and players that couldn't. Although if they slowly phased in a shortened schedule, I think it could be done.

Baseball could lose 64 games for sure and it should definitely be over before football starts. NBA could lose 20 and drop a bracket.
I've always thought it was ridiculous that more than 1/2 the league makes the playoffs in the NBA!

Back
Top Bottom