• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carjacking in the "nice" part of Maconga

I grew up in Macon and graduated high school the year before integration began.
It is sad to see what a shytehole it has become. Happy I don't have any family left there.

No reason to go back there, maybe someday will take an armed convoy to visit a few graves.

Macon has a ‘nice’ part of town ?? :confused:
I call shenanigans!! Shenanigans !! :tongue::dizzy::tongue1:

ya, the nice part of town is the last bit of interstate before you hit the city limits leaving it
There's no nice part of Macon and Bibb Co left. There are 9nly less ****ty areas. In fact it's gotten to the point where it has crept into Houston Co on the north end of Warner Robins. The areas across from Robins AFB are ghetto. Houston Co is kinda opposite from most other counties in GA. By that I mean instead of the white flight moving north in the county they all went to the southern most end of the county.
Anyway yeah Macon is circling the bowl as I type this. A couple of decades of all Democrat mismanagement has done more incalculable damage that will probably never be undone.

Well I still live here and the North Macon side of town until recently has mostly stayed out of the news as far as violent crime goes. Most subdivisions off Rivoli Dr, Bass Rd, parts of Wesleyan Dr and Zebulon Rd used to be the affluent neighborhoods. You don't see those areas from the interstate coming through town. That's considered the "nice" CVS compared to the other locations that are actually in the hood. But unfortunately they've turned so many of the older apartment complexes on that side of town into section 8 and the riffraff has followed. They've also put MTA buss stops around there so they can buss them in to commit their crimes. Up until a few years ago it was shocking to hear of a violent crime in North Macon. You just don't hear of broad daylight robberies and carjackings on that side of town. You can almost expect it in any other part of Macon now.

Well I still live here and the North Macon side of town until recently has mostly stayed out of the news as far as violent crime goes. Most subdivisions off Rivoli Dr, Bass Rd, parts of Wesleyan Dr and Zebulon Rd used to be the affluent neighborhoods. You don't see those areas from the interstate coming through town. That's considered the "nice" CVS compared to the other locations that are actually in the hood. But unfortunately they've turned so many of the older apartment complexes on that side of town into section 8 and the riffraff has followed. They've also put MTA buss stops around there so they can buss them in to commit their crimes. Up until a few years ago it was shocking to hear of a violent crime in North Macon. You just don't hear of broad daylight robberies and carjackings on that side of town. You can almost expect it in any other part of Macon now.
There's a section 8 apartment complex al.ost within sight of the outdoor mall thing at River Crossing. I would imagine its just one of many. It ain't gonna get any better.

There's a section 8 apartment complex al.ost within sight of the outdoor mall thing at River Crossing. I would imagine its just one of many. It ain't gonna get any better.
Yep, all the nice older "luxury" apartments have turned section 8. Now they're adding newer luxury apartments and lofts along that area that will follow suit in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom