• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry Piece...What do you carry?

In & around my home town, Kel tec PF9
In Atlanta or out of town, - Kahr P45 + PF-9, all guns I carry include a spare mag so they aren't just disposable like butane lighters.
Cutting grass P3AT
taking dump or bathing- 44 mag
Expecting trouble - AR Pistol w/drum. light & laser & RPK for distance.(Backed up by AR - M4)
Typical grab & go home defence is a 12 gage pump, with 100 lumen light & laser, pistol grips front & back & 10 round mag.Nothing beats "1 Buck, 21 pellets the size of a 32 spl makes even T-Rex drop to his knees, or several home intruders if they are in a tight group.
smething all the time, everywhere but at work, they are prohibited so the Kimber Life Act has to suffice & it isn't far to the car. also backefd up by SOG & various unmentionables.

Last edited:
i45.photobucket.com_albums_f91_nitrousoxide088_HPIM1513.jpg

Glock 19
w/ 1 Spare Mag

glock 30 for concealment in a mtac....
springer 1911 for open carry in a bianchi miinmalist...
beretta 92fs for under my jacket....only one I have a shoulder harness for.

for home it's the tact field pump with 12ga ferderal 00 buck.
oooorrr my ar15 all tacticool with winchester 40grain hp varmint rounds.

also daily carry a fenix pd and a kershaw scallion

I believe carrying a " Mid " or " Compact " or " Sub Compact " is retarded. Never understood them. Carry full size or bust. If you can't fit a full size M&P in your waste band your doing something wrong. Hell I even sometimes carry an FNP .45 IWB depending on where I'm going that day.

I'm going to buck the common trend on here...because I carry revolvers almost exclusively.

If the shirt I am wearing will cover it, and I'm not tucking my shirt in: S&W 386 Night Guard in RGrizzle leather. Why, because 7 rounds of .357 is better than 5.

Otherwise, pocket carry the trusty S&W 37.

i don't ccw to often, but when i do, i use my walther p22. i was surprised to learn that there are others that do so as well (amongst acquaintances that ccw). i'm thinking about purchasing a tel-tec pf9 in the near future. my ideal ccw is an fnh 5-7 but at the moment, the wife says no...

-a|ex

I believe carrying a " Mid " or " Compact " or " Sub Compact " is retarded. Never understood them. Carry full size or bust. If you can't fit a full size M&P in your waste band your doing something wrong. Hell I even sometimes carry an FNP .45 IWB depending on where I'm going that day.

I shoot a "mid" better than a full size. There is only one rule to carry and that's carry what you can shoot the best.
If it's a P22 carry it, if it's a S&W 500, carry it. People can be killed with an ice pick, it's is and always will be about placement of shots. I've seen rifle rnds (223 and 308) not do the job fast enough. M2 never disappointed though.

Good thread, would like to see even more pics of holster/pistol combos out there. I am waiting on my GFL now and am in the deciding stage as far as carry position and holster/pistol go.

I tend to wear tighter clothing and smaller t-shirts than most, so pocket carry and a full or mid-size pistol are out. About the only thing I can conceal effectively is a compact or SC in the appendix area, so I am working on setting something up for that now.

Or I could just carry open, REALLY considering it to be honest. Despite the drawbacks and criticism from the public, it might be the only comfortable choice I have.

Back
Top Bottom