• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CC recommendations- NOT the Shield 9mm

If the Storm works for you, the subcompact model is worth a try, since the operation would be the same. I've heard the Storm Compact is good, too. They're probably a bit chunkier than the Shield, but that can be addressed by your carry setup. That said, why not just use the full size as a cc? There are plenty of setups that can help a full sized handgun be concealed easily enough by an untucked shirt. Unless, of course, you need an excuse for a new gun. And who doesn't?
I, personally, prefer compact models over subcompacts, as I like having enough grip to get my fat mitts around, usually a Glock 30 or 19. Similar size, different calibers.

If a shield doesn't point or feel natural to you but a Berretta PX4 does I can offer no advise, I'm just the opposite, holding a Beretta storm just makes me angry and want punch a baby.

It's all good though, we're all built different. You gotta find what fits you. CZ seems to be the one gun most everyone likes the "feel" of so maybe try one of their many offerings.

If you like the Storm and want a smaller version just go with that. Might also want to look at the Nano as an alternative.

You won't go wrong with any modern pistol, but as you found out, each one will be unique in how well it works for you.

Reactions: GFB
If the Storm works for you, the subcompact model is worth a try, since the operation would be the same. I've heard the Storm Compact is good, too. They're probably a bit chunkier than the Shield, but that can be addressed by your carry setup. That said, why not just use the full size as a cc? There are plenty of setups that can help a full sized handgun be concealed easily enough by an untucked shirt. Unless, of course, you need an excuse for a new gun. And who doesn't?
I, personally, prefer compact models over subcompacts, as I like having enough grip to get my fat mitts around, usually a Glock 30 or 19. Similar size, different calibers.

Agreed.
If the OP is comfortable with and most familiar with the PX4 then simply getting the smaller version of that seems like a no-brainer.
Although I would still try to rent one at the range before I made the purchase.

I had an LC9 that I really liked. I should have never traded it. Liked it way more than the m&p that replaced it.

Back
Top Bottom