• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC Wheelgun thoughts?

View attachment 90275
I love a wheel gun for CC. It is safety and simplicity at its best. This Taurus is the one I currently carry and can be found for around 250 bucks used so no crying if it gets scuffed or worn. The 38spl has some very nice defense rounds on the market today.

Ruger LCR 357.

IMO accuracy is not the real issue for SD. If you can hit a paper plate at 5 to 15 feet you're golden. I'm no handgun marksman but I can certainly do better than that with my LCR.

For SD, choose the gun you'll actually carry, that has enough punch to stop a bad guy, and reliable enough to work perfectly the one time you need it to work. That's why I like a revolver -- less likely for the gun to malfunction than a semi-auto pistol. And if the round in the chamber goes "click", you just pull the trigger again.

The LCR is perfect. Sweet trigger. Easy carry. Plenty of power. What's not to like?

Last edited:
If you are patient, you can find a Charter Arms, Taurus, Rossi and an older Smith in your price range. You will have to be on your toes and not buy a "used up" or abused gun.

They are very under-rated but I will say several of my last classes were with students shooting snub .38's.
I demo'd a drill with my 3" S&W 36 & shot this double action 5 shot group (to my surprise) at 7 yds while teaching a private lesson to a lady from Chattanooga who was about to head out on the Appalachian Trail.

I don't think I shot it anymore that day afterwards.

Attachments

• IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom