• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on new Daniel defense d9 handgun?

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.” - Marty Daniels

That’s some NRA level Fuddery.

He didn’t have those concerns when he first read the bill? Or is he like many of our politicians and didn’t bother to read it?

He’s a coward and only changed his tune when he realized he was going to destroy his business.

Comical. You think DD products are expensive?

There’s absolutely nothing special about their AR’s… bolt guns… or suppressors. Much better products available… for the exact same or less money.

Now they have a pcc and a handgun. They’re just throwing spaghetti again the wall to see what sticks these days.

If you’re cool with Marty Daniels… you probably still do business with Dicks sporting goods.
DD isn't particularly expensive.

I own nothing DD. My point was very clear though. How many riger and springfields do you own?

Every time DD is brought up, the hate for em is immediate? But how bout Ruger? Zero. We have whole ruger loving threads here. The standards of this place leave much to be desired.....

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.” - Marty Daniels

He didn’t have those concerns when he first read the bill? Or is he like many of our politicians and didn’t bother to read it?

He’s a coward and only changed his tune when he realized he was going to destroy his business.
Or maybe he's a human running a large company and didn't read the entire bill. I don't know every detail. Not the greatest of comments that he initially made. At least he stated was wrong. At least he has not actively assisted politicians and stood with presidents trying to shove legislation down our throats.

So. How many rugers you got there bud?

Or maybe he's a human running a large company and didn't read the entire bill. I don't know every detail. Not the greatest of comments that he initially made. At least he stated was wrong. At least he has not actively assisted politicians and stood with presidents trying to shove legislation down our throats.

So. How many rugers you got there bud?
I’ve got one. A 22/45 for the kids. Good suppressor host. Find me a better 22LR pistol for them and I’ll be all over it.

Bingo. Both Marty Daniels and Chris Kilroy (of Ruger) have live testimony of their support of the ATF and they both do not believe that ATF should be abolished - along with NFA and GCA regulations. Along with his testimony, Marty's actions towards bump stocks and other targeted firearms products tells me everything I need to know about him and his company. Same with Killoy and Ruger. Same with Springfield and Rock River Arms initial support of Illinois SB1657 "Gun Dealer Licensing Act." That's right fellas, Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Daniel Defenses new products are a yawnfest. Sure, they look great and are probably reliable. But, this year they only brought the revived Hudson H9 as an "enhanced" remake of a dead gun, and their new blowback PCC. It's the equivalent of cheating on your test, changing an answer or two, and passing off as you own work. 😂

DD isn't particularly expensive.

I own nothing DD. My point was very clear though. How many riger and springfields do you own?

Every time DD is brought up, the hate for em is immediate? But how bout Ruger? Zero. We have whole ruger loving threads here. The standards of this place leave much to be desired.....
Ruger is probably zero because the Fudd in charge died a few decades ago. I have nothing but respect for their new management, and they certainly have done a good job providing non-Fudd guns.

Pretty much every gun company out there has 'unfortunate' statements or acts to be contrite about. The real question is whether they course-correct and move on, or double-down.

Trigger feels nice, excellent reset, and the point of aim is spot on. You also get a voucher for your free choice of optic plate.

Attachments

• IMG_7025.jpeg
    IMG_7025.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7026.jpeg
    IMG_7026.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7027.jpeg
    IMG_7027.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7028.jpeg
    IMG_7028.jpeg