• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on new Daniel defense d9 handgun?

I like options.

DD chose this as their pistol option for now.
I would have bet on a 1911 design being first but with the acquisition of Hudson I like where they are going...it is different.
Remember.. options are good.

I would love a single stack .45 acp in the H9 style..aka H45, if it would be slim.

Now on to politics.
It's easy to speak or type and be taken out of context of what your thoughts are on a subject.

Sometimes I see something and think that's a good idea then on review I realize I F'd up.
I own it.

HK was anti US civilian consumer for years.
If you were police or military you were gold.
Just in the last 30 years have they gotten more into the civilian markets here.
I use to collect HK's and had to order a lot of stuff from outside the States.
Funny thing is everybody still loved HK..lol.
It took Jack Baur using a USP on 24 to convince them there might be a HUGE untapped civilian market here if developed.

I love me some Chic Fila.
They are closed on Sunday and I hate it.
They back up their beliefs with their pocket book.
That Sunday revenue loss is huge...that gets my respect.

I piss people off regularly.
I think every 18 year old should go into a branch of the military and learn how to:
Defend your family/country
Navigate across the country without GPS or a smart phone.
Plan and cook meals for a week.
Make a budget and stick to it.
Let go of the tit and be your own person.
( Ya that last one pisses alot of em off)

In schools I do think we need some stuff taught:
First Aid
Comprehension of the
Bill of Rights.
Fire arms training, safety and use.
( We could have been British...think about it.)
Respect for another's opinion with out hate.

I don't have a problem if you don't support the 2A rights.
That's on you, but if your in the firearms industry maybe you shouldn't alienate your customer base by being unclear about your beliefs..or we may all buy
High Point Yeet Canons.

I still buy Rugers, Springers and Daniels for now...but if it turns into out right hate for civilians I will not.
I think it's a damn shame we buy more foreign firearms (pistols) than US made guns.

Ok..rant off.

I like options.

DD chose this as their pistol option for now.
I would have bet on a 1911 design being first but with the acquisition of Hudson I like where they are going...it is different.
Remember.. options are good.

I would love a single stack .45 acp in the H9 style..aka H45, if it would be slim.

Now on to politics.
It's easy to speak or type and be taken out of context of what your thoughts are on a subject.

Sometimes I see something and think that's a good idea then on review I realize I F'd up.
I own it.

HK was anti US civilian consumer for years.
If you were police or military you were gold.
Just in the last 30 years have they gotten more into the civilian markets here.
I use to collect HK's and had to order a lot of stuff from outside the States.
Funny thing is everybody still loved HK..lol.
It took Jack Baur using a USP on 24 to convince them there might be a HUGE untapped civilian market here if developed.

I love me some Chic Fila.
They are closed on Sunday and I hate it.
They back up their beliefs with their pocket book.
That Sunday revenue loss is huge...that gets my respect.

I piss people off regularly.
I think every 18 year old should go into a branch of the military and learn how to:
Defend your family/country
Navigate across the country without GPS or a smart phone.
Plan and cook meals for a week.
Make a budget and stick to it.
Let go of the tit and be your own person.
( Ya that last one pisses alot of em off)

In schools I do think we need some stuff taught:
First Aid
Comprehension of the
Bill of Rights.
Fire arms training, safety and use.
( We could have been British...think about it.)
Respect for another's opinion with out hate.

I don't have a problem if you don't support the 2A rights.
That's on you, but if your in the firearms industry maybe you shouldn't alienate your customer base by being unclear about your beliefs..or we may all buy
High Point Yeet Canons.

I still buy Rugers, Springers and Daniels for now...but if it turns into out right hate for civilians I will not.
I think it's a damn shame we buy more foreign firearms (pistols) than US made guns.

Ok..rant off.
Agreed, I don’t have a problem with this gun, if someone likes it they should buy it.

Personally it doesn’t scratch any itch for me, and I don’t think it’s anything new or impressive. That’s my opinion, and I don’t mind discussing the pros and cons of this gun, but people seem to get their feelings hurt when someone doesn’t agree with them.

Agreed, I don’t have a problem with this gun, if someone likes it they should buy it.

Personally it doesn’t scratch any itch for me, and I don’t think it’s anything new or impressive. That my opinion, and I don’t mind discussing the pros and cons of this gun, but people seem to get their feelings hurt when someone doesn’t agree with them.
Out of curiosity, what new handgun design would you consider to be impressive?

Personally it doesn’t scratch any itch for me, and I don’t think it’s anything new or impressive. That my opinion, and I don’t mind discussing the pros and cons of this gun, but people seem to get their feelings hurt when someone doesn’t agree with them.
Do you still think it looks like a Glock clone?

I'd be interested in knowing what makes someone think a metal framed gun with grip panels, a straight pull trigger, and 1911 grip angle is anything close to being "just another Glock clone"

It's because it's black isn't it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom