• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ccw and gun shows?

KISS don't go to gun show.They are over priced and the admission really blows.

That is why I haven't been in years, the last one I did attend they were overpriced and way to crowded.

It may be several more years before I go again, I am not committed on going today yet....

My crystal ball is MIA. I do not try to 'guess' when I may and may not want to be able to protect myself and my family. Gambling on something like that isn't just sloppy, it's downright stupid. As for negligent discharges resulting in someone being injured - I've never shot anyone and I hope to never need to. Rest assured, if I do, it won't be some kid at a gunshow because I was being a careless jackass with MY personal carry piece. No, sir. I am not keen on being punished for other gun owner's poor safety discipline and I am not comfortable spending money ANYWHERE if they're uncomfortable with me exercising my rights.

Meh. I carry most of the time, there's just some situations that don't call for it. Do I carry at church? Nope. Do I carry on MARTA? Bet your ass I do. I just feel like that in a situation where there's 1200 gun owning honkeys in one room the chances of me getting held up for my wallet are fairly slim.

Meh. I carry most of the time, there's just some situations that don't call for it. Do I carry at church? Nope. Do I carry on MARTA? Bet your ass I do. I just feel like that in a situation where there's 1200 gun owning honkeys in one room the chances of me getting held up for my wallet are fairly slim.

Different approaches. I don't want to play the 'chances I'll need it' game. I'm always carrying, and if not, it's only because to do so would be illegal. Just my take. Worth exactly what you paid for it.

I havent been to one in over 5 years. I used to go and find deals on neat stuff. The last few I the only money I spent was addmision. I have a hard time paying to shop. I also have a hard time spending my gun money with people who ask be to disarm. I also dont eat at resturants with signs. Its private property and I agree they have a right to ask and I respect that however I have the right to not spend a dime with them. Will it make a difference to them? Nope but I will feel a lot better knowing I put my money where my mouth is.

I always carried right in with no thoughts of if I could or not.....

I always thought those signs applied to guns you were bringing in to possibly sell or trade, which makes perfect sense. Less chance of an accidental misfire when showing it to someone. Never even considered it applied to your ccw gun.....

Last edited:
Don't leave your weapon in your car, several people have had guns stolen from locked cars at gun shows over the past few years. Like others said, unload your gun and let the LEOs at the front door zip tie it. Personally, I carry based on threat and I just don't feel any threat at the Cobb shows I go to. YMMV.

If the sign says "no loaded firearms", then why push the issue? Just don't go.

I havent been to one in over 5 years. I used to go and find deals on neat stuff. The last few I the only money I spent was addmision. I have a hard time paying to shop. I also have a hard time spending my gun money with people who ask be to disarm. I also dont eat at resturants with signs. Its private property and I agree they have a right to ask and I respect that however I have the right to not spend a dime with them. Will it make a difference to them? Nope but I will feel a lot better knowing I put my money where my mouth is.
This.

Back
Top Bottom