• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ccw and gun shows?

Another myth. Man these things are persistent. If you really want to hear myths work a gun show sometime. :doh:

But I must say I welcome all questions as it's great to straighten them out. Although I sometimes don't think I change their mind. One lady that had moved here from New Jersey wouldn't believe me when I told her there was no gun registration here. I actually don't think she believed anything I said because it was so foreign to her.

Yeah... My piece stays on me unless I legally must remove it. I've only been to a couple gun shows, and maybe I just haven't been looking for the signs at the door, but I've never even considered disarming. In fact, if I ever notice anything like that I'll leave and take my hard-earned elsewhere. The state GA trusts me to carry a weapon, and any place that doesn't trust me as much as they do is welcome to piss up a rope.

Why do you feel like you'd need to carry at a gun show? I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a lot of thuggery involved in there of all places.

I was at a show years ago where a kid got shot in the face by a vendor's personal carry piece. Too many people with their guard down assuming everything is unloaded and cleared to be carrying in condition 1 imho.

I think disarming in a gun shop or a gun show is absolutely stupid! "Sir, you cannot have a loaded gun on you even though its holstered and you have a CCP." Let me get this straight, your more than happy to sell me a gun yet I can't carry it on me like I would EVERYWHERE else, F-off, you just lost my business.

End rant.

Why do you feel like you'd need to carry at a gun show? I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a lot of thuggery involved in there of all places.

I was at a show years ago where a kid got shot in the face by a vendor's personal carry piece. Too many people with their guard down assuming everything is unloaded and cleared to be carrying in condition 1 imho.

My crystal ball is MIA. I do not try to 'guess' when I may and may not want to be able to protect myself and my family. Gambling on something like that isn't just sloppy, it's downright stupid. As for negligent discharges resulting in someone being injured - I've never shot anyone and I hope to never need to. Rest assured, if I do, it won't be some kid at a gunshow because I was being a careless jackass with MY personal carry piece. No, sir. I am not keen on being punished for other gun owner's poor safety discipline and I am not comfortable spending money ANYWHERE if they're uncomfortable with me exercising my rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom