• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cleaning old-ish poorly stored Ammo

Fuddlore. A good one, and a new one for me.
I wish I could take credit for that word. I picked it up in a Fscebook group dedicated to making fun of "gun store customers."

Lots of Fuddlore "truisms" in the business.
"Little lady needs a lightweight .38 revolver."
"Near miss with a .45 ACP will knock a man down."
"You don't need that plastic 'ssault raffle. I can do anything I need with muh trusty thutty-thutty lever action"
Etc....

I found this round in the truck and it was fairly corroded so I tossed it in with some 6.8 brass I was cleaning. You really can't get a good site picture of what it looks like but even the copper came out polished.

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_183658035.jpg
    IMG_20220101_183658035.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 28
Just the shells and Flitz? Nothing else in the can?
Nope! Just walnut shells and Flitz. You will have to run it for a couple hours. I usually run a 45 min to 1 hour cycle for cleaning once fired brass so you will have to run it a good while for really bad corrosion. I would stop half way through and give another circle around the middle of Flitz again say half way through just so the polish will hit the brass. You might just run it a good while before adding the Flitz.

It's really not an exact science you may have to play around with it a little bit. I guess you could probably put something like aquarium stone in there which I don't think it would hurt the Tumbler but it would definitely be a little bit more aggressive on the brass. Or you can look around for some smaller stone or some kind of like small ball bearing media . I guess the sky is a limit on what you could use for a media.

Back
Top Bottom